Tuesday, November 13, 2007

~Senior Pugs~

Here is something that I found just surfing the Web it really hit me....So true...Yet so Sad...More the reason why I adopted Old man Turbo. I was a little hesitant on adopting a senior the age of Turbo ( He will be 11 in May) due to knowing he is in his Golden years and his days with us are numbered. But you never know when your beloved Fur Friend will be called to cross the Rainbow Bridge, They can be as young as pups to a senior...you never know when their time is called. This is the reason why I took in Turbo. I know his days are limited but I wanted to make his final days the best. He brings so much joy into our family and I ( we) bonded with him as if I had him since he was a young Pup. We have only have had him for 4 months. But seems like he has been with us forever. When the time is right we will adopt another senior Pug...they can bring us just as much joy as a pup can..maybe even more. All they want is to be loved, Cared for in a place they can call their Forever home. Before you click the link below you may want to grab a box of tissues...... Click here to view

12 comments:

C.L. Davis said...

Oh my gosh, that was the most touching link about the seniors. I just sent it off to a bunch of friends, including one who has 3 pugs. Makes you want to take in ALL of them!

PUG MOM said...

This was such a sweet site, thank you for sharing... by the way your babies are so cute!!
Hugs,
Pug Mom

Punchbugpug said...

Gah...I have seen that before. You are right about not knowing, it is that way for all of us human or furry! We all need to embrace each day, give a kiss, a hug...laugh, cry, love!

kristie said...

i think i shall save that link for when i get home, i cry enough here at work as it is. i think it's so wonderful that y'all adopted turbo. my husband would take him from you in a minute he thinks he's so cute.

Pam said...

It always hurts my heart when I see senior animals in the shelter or given up in general. Bless you for giving Turbo a loving home.

Jessica said...

I haven't been to the site yet, being it is D-DAY and I can't shed anymore tears, but I will check it out soon.

That being said and a very recent mom to a senior pug I completely know where you are coming from. Hef is 10 and heartworm +. But after 1 day of having him in our home, we knew it was the right thing. I hope and pray he makes it through the heartworm treatments but if he doesn't, (I have heard it's pretty aggressive) I will know that I gave him a happy, wonderful home his last days, being a loved and cuddled old man. Wow, almost crying now.
Would I do it again? Yes in a heartbeat.

Jessica said...

ok... silly me... sitting here at work totally crying. I need a glass o wine.

That was wonderful... now I see why I am so happy with Hef.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

okay major mascara alert. this is a great link! I want to take all those sweet pugs.

ps i've tagged you sorry :-)

Sandy said...

that is so true...they are so special. They are usually calm and already trained well and just want to be with you wherever you are. I think this is what I am looking for in my next pug. The husband is leaning toward a puppy...or we might get a kitty. But seniors are wonderful.

C.L. Davis said...

We had a little girl stay with us this weekend who loved the pugs. While I was telling her mother about the upcoming adoption fair this weekend, the little girl comes running up to her mom to tell her the same thing - my daughter informed the girl. They are going to try to talk their dad into going!

Michele said...

They really are special. Thanks so much for sharing that link. I have to go hug and cuddle with Mia now.

FlipFlop Mom said...

ahhhh the MORE reason I NEED to get my hubby into agreeing to a PUG!!!
I was so angered this past week.. we have friends that moved to TN.. and they had a yellow lab.. ( what we have) and they decided instead of taking their dog with them.. they put him down... SO MAD!!!!!!

And then I find out my neighbor has a yellow lab puppy.. we fed and took care of her for 2 weeks while they went to FL.. she weighed 25lbs.. she's lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks and NOW has MANGE!!! WTH????