Friday, November 23, 2007

~In Search for the Perfect Christmas Tree~

Well like every year after Thanksgiving we get our Christmas tree...and we did just that today! We drove into Vermont to the Christmas tree Farm we go to every year... Click here . It was nice but yet sad. Tori told me last night that she did not want to go with us to find a tree this year. This was the first time in 14 years Tori did not join us...so instead Whitney invited her Best Friend Abby. It was so cold! The wind was Brisk and made your hands hurt. Abby was the only smart one to wear Gloves. We always stop at a Pizza place before we head over to the Tree farm and after Pizza we stop at Dunkin Donuts for Hot Coffee to hold onto to keep our hands warm and sip on to keep warm..The Tree farm offers Hot Cocoa and Hot cider but it is not the same as a D&D Coffee..once we got to the Farm we were greeted by Santa ( Whitney claims he is not the real Santa...I told her that it is Hard for Santa to be at one place at once so maybe he was one of Santa's Helpers) I noticed this santa had a Tattoo on the side of his neck? I guess Santa is getting Pretty Hip now~a~Days! Geesh!
after Whitney and her friend told Santa whet they wanted for Christmas we took the Wagon train deep into the Tree farm....in search for the "Perfect Tree" Here is a Montage of our Journey to find it....




Once the Christmas tree was up...Whitney thought it was time to write her letter to Santa.... I will be dropping it off at the BIG RED mail box with NORTH POLE written on it on Monday Morning...

10 comments:

Sandy said...

The pictures of going to get the tree are wonderful. It looks like a beautiful day up there and not too many people out there shopping when y'all were there?? Tell Tori I missed seeing her smiling face with you all. Your tree looks lovely! Aunt Sue and I looked at trees today at Lowe's and we loved breathing in that pine smell.

Punchbugpug said...

My computer won't let me look at the pics at home...drat. I'll check them out from work on Monday morning. I love Whitney's jammies!!!!

Leah said...

The tree is so, so pretty!!! Looks like a fun time!

kristie said...

that video was just great. i wish we had that opportunity close by here too. beautiful tree! i hope whitney gets everything on her list.

Wendy said...

Loved the montage!! Lani had to have "mo, mo":) She loved listening to the song. Bummer that Tori didn't want to go. Michael seemed interested in us coming up there some weekend before Christmas so let me know what Sunday is open for you all! (He works on Sat. now) I didn't think he would want to, but he was all for it. We would just bring a tarp to protect the precious tree!!

Priscilla said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweet family!

Hey, the pointer on your page is a pug, where'd you get that? Very very cool.

Jessica said...

Very awesome! There is just something about having to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. The boys are leaving ours alone... for now! I Winton will and Hef, well we will see. LOVED the montage!
Jess

Pam said...

gorgeous tree! I wish we could do something similar here too. I remember cutting one from my aunt's property once to use as the tree at our church one year but other that that, we rarely had a fresh tree. I love them though!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Your tree is beautiful. Neat montage too! Too bad about Tori not wanting to come with :(

AM said...

That looks and sounds like so much fun! We cut one down last year but it was NOT fun because Emma (only 6months) was NOT in a good mood at all. This year should be so much fun!!!