Sunday, August 12, 2007

Birthday weekend

Another year gone by...another year older and wiser. I didn't do really anything. it was pretty much a regular day. I had to keep reminding myself it was my birthday. We spent the weekend at the lake hung around the beach and took my Kayak out for a little bit. I made a pot of Chili in the Crock Pot and let it cook all day....after I came up to the camper from being on the beach walking into the camper and smelling the Hot Chili...... Chili was the Last thing I wanted..especially on a Hot day like it was. I talked to Brad to see if he wanted to go out for dinner ( seeing how it was my birthday) So we decided to go to a Restaurant Click here at the Harbor we like to go to. I kept crossing my fingers no-one would mention my Birthday to the waiter...That is so embarrassing having the whole restaurant staff sing you Happy Birthday! Thank Goodness no-one said a word! We had a good time. When we got back to the Lake Brad and Tori left for home and Whitney and I stayed at the lake for the night and came home today. Tori had early morning plans with a friend and needed to be up and ready by 8am so we thought it would be easier for her to sleep get up early at home and get ready rather than get up an hour earlier at the lake and drive into town first thing in the morning...So her and Brad went home...This was the first time Whitney and I had a Mom daughter night...She slept in bed with me and the 3 Pugs and when she woke up this morning she decided that was not fun at all and will sleep in her own room next time. She said the Pugs kept her awake and she was hanging of the side of the bed to make room for them. and Belle snored in her ear all night. Lol

Here is the Lake Event sign at the main gate entrance...I guess it looks like I was part of the Events!
Most of you know I am not a cake fan....so my Mother bakes me a Strawberry Rhubarb pie each year in place of a Cake...it was gone in 2 days! Yum! ( Thank you Mom!)

I got a nice card in the Mail from Oscar and Daisy and their Mama!

I got a nice gift from Magnolia Sun
A nice Picture frame to a cute picture of my Fur Kids....

Magnolia really took the time to wrap.

Thanks you Magnolia Sun!


Because of my Birthday a Lucky Pug got some help This warmed my heart all day thinking about it! What a great Gift Idea!!!
Thanks to Alfred's Mom for her creative thinking for a Birthday Gift Thank you AM!!!!







My Niece sent this Felt art made out of wool to me. I am going to buy a frame for it tomorrow. I have to call my sister and ask her if they made this or not. I believe they did. My sister is so creative and crafty.

This card will also be framed....my 8 year old niece drew this Pug Birthday card for me....Gosh I LOVE this card! Thanks "M"
Isn't this the cutest card?!



Oh Ya......I never mentioned what Brad got me! It is too hard to explain so I will have to post a picture of it....but! another gift is a trip to Coach ! Guess where I am going this week! one of the Malls here just Opened up a Coach Store! Yippee! God he is going to be sorry he agreed to this! LOL


10 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday and received great gifts! The pie sounds soooooo good!!!

Wendy said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a nice birthday:) Love all the goodies that you were given!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday!

Magnolia Sun said...

Sounds like a really nice weekend, the restuarant looks good too. Glad you enjoyed your day.

Punchbugpug said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. Hope my card makes it before Christmas...lol

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Happy Birthday!

Sandy said...

It sounds like a good day and the pie looks so wonderful! I love seeing your gifts, too. I hope your chili got eaten.

Anonymous said...

I've been away
and outta the blogging loop for so long
Happy belated birthday hun :) looks and sounds like u had a wonderfull time! all the best on ur coach shopping trip lucky girl :) luv ya!

Christine & Giggs said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great day with all your loved ones.

L~ said...

Yes! I made the pug picture! It was done with needlefelting. Great fun! And I bet I forgot to sign the darn card. That morning I was frantically trying to get out the door on time and get the package put together that I absentmindedly put the card and and never signed it. Mucho apologies on R's and my behalf.