Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another Christmas Meme~

Here we go!
1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Absolutely hot chocolate with a little Peppermint schnapps and whipped cream sprinkled with broken candy-canes!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Yep he has them always right up front with the kids names and address sealed on them. The kids love Santa's Handwriting!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on tree. this year we have Clear. We alternate colored lights and white light every-other year. My husband and Kids like the colored and I like white...this year it is my turn to have White! Yea!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No~ I am not a Huggy Kissy person...

5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving~

. What is your favorite holiday dish? All dishes! I love Food!!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory? When My sister and I were little we would have to sit on top of the steps and had to wait until my parents gave us the okay to come down. I remember hearing and smelling my Mother getting the Coffee made and she used to set up a tape recorder to record us opening our gifts to send to my Grandparents so they could hear our excitement since they lived so far away...( No camcorders , web-cams...back then...g-wiz!)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?What? No Santa? If you stop believing Santa stops coming you Know!....

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was little we were allowed on gift after Church..( boy theses were the longest masses ever! All I wanted was to get home and rip open my present!)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? When I was a kid, it was a fun family activity that we did in one afternoon pretty much just those ornaments my sister and I made in school. Gotta Love them Popsicle stick ones! Now I have all rustic Country ornaments and I use Grapevine for my garland...LOVE IT!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love to watch it snow, but hate to have to go out in it , it is so cold and wet. But I do love seeing the trees all covered in a blanket of snow.

12. Can you ice skate? Ya I think..if it is like never forgetting how to ride a bike...then yes..

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? yep...Willow my Pug 3 years ago from My Husband
.
14. What's the most important thing? The reason for the season - The birth of Jesus.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I am not big on dessert but if I had to choose? Something Fruity..

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Oh Boy...I guess I would have to say Christmas eve...We go to to my Husbands side of the family and go to his Fathers house and have Christmas with them and eat appetizers open gifts...then after we head over to his Moms house and have Christmas with them and have a Buffet style meal...so GOOD! Yummy food! Then it is pretty late by the time were are done so we head home get the girls off to bed in their Christmas PJ's and they prepare Santa's Plate...( NO Milk and Cookies in this house!) My girls leave Santa a Glass of Merlot ,Cheese and Grapes! Lucky Santa! But I also enjoy Celebrating Christmas Morning with my Parents so....I would have to say both are my favorite tradition...

17. What tops your tree? PUG FUR! no just kidding... someting my Friend Dawn Made. it is a wooden snowman cut out and a star around his face...so Cute and so me! ( Thanks Dawn)

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I have to be honest. The whole gift thing really stresses me out. But, there's always one or two gifts that I find for a friend/family that I really look forward to giving. And, I look forward to that moment.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh I have so many...I like...Winter Wonderland, Santa Baby, or anything my Daughter plays on her Clarinet...

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum? Gotta love the candy canes! especially as stirrers for your Hot Cocoa!

4 comments:

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

You're so much fun Lisa. I bet everyone loves spending their Christmas with you.

Page said...

I love Christmas memes....I, too, remember having to wait in the hall for my parents to wake up the day of Christmas. THEN, we had to patiently wait to open any gifts until after they had made a pot of coffee..the longest brew eva!

Sandy said...

That was fun to read. We had to wait for the parents, too, to open gifts. Always had a picture of us running into the room! I remember way back then my aunt and uncle lived on Guam and we would tape record messages back and forth because of no video back then! A pug for Christmas...the best!!

Leah said...

Lisa, I am right with you--I LOVE hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps!!!!!!!! I discovered it last year when we were up in the mountains skiing, and it is now a staple, especially during snowstorms.