Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Whits room Switch~a~roo!

Whitney has the smallest room in the house. Which is really what is supposed to be our computer room. The finishing off the basement project is so slow...looks like it may be another year or longer before it is finished. We do have a game room down there but no-one wants it to be their bedroom. Tori had her room down there last year and she hated being down in the Dungeon! so we gave her our Master BedRoom and Master bath and Brad and I moved our room down there...that only lasted a few short months...I hated it down there. I felt so far away and not having any idea to what was going on up stairs...I just didn't like it down there at all so we moved back upstairs...into the small room and we have a Queen size bed. There was absoutly no room in there. I couldn't even open the closet door because our bed was too close to it. so after a week of being cramped we changed bedrooms with Whitney....she loves her little room but when she has friends it is a little too crampy. She kept asking if we can change room again...( ya right!) I told her once our basement was all done ( it will be really nice when it is all finished) she can have her bedroom down stairs with her sister and bathroom...but until then we are all staying in the rooms we have. one night last week it all came to me on how I can give Whit-bit more room...so I dug out my measuring tape and did a little measuring to make sure my brilliant idea would work or not...After I found out it would work I told Brad my idea and he looked at me like I had 100 heads and shook his head...Once he left I went to work...I cleared out Whitney's room. ran to the garage and found Brads electric screw driver....took off Whitney's Closet door....and









Wha~La! I moved Whit-bits bed into her closet! Ha! ( okay I know you are all thinking this is crazy) But the way her closet is positioned it works out great! I hung up some a beaded curtain to take place of the door to add a little fun to it....She loves it...he favorite part is that she can turn off her closet light with out getting out of bed. Last night was her first night sleeping in ( her closet) she couldn't fall asleep..she was just so excited about this...haha...
She said...Now Santa can bring me more things now that I have more room!



Once my Husband saw it he realized it was a good idea after all...( snicker)




While I was hard at work on her bedroom...she made this Gingerbread house.....


11 comments:

Erin Ward said...

that's so cool! i can't believe her bed fits in her closet! where does she keep her clothes now?

Sandy said...

I LOVE IT. That was a great idea. I like not having to get up to turn out the light, too. Her room is so cute and pink! I love the desk/vanity with the netting. You all have great decorating ideas at your house.

kristie said...

i love that you put her bed in the closet...but where do her clothes go now??? her room is great, i want to move in it myself. she did a good job on her gingerbread house. tell her i really like what she did above the door - i never know what to do with that circle, next year i'm copying her ;-)

Punchbugpug said...

I LOVE the idea. Amazing that her bed fit perfectly in there! I can understand why she would love to sleep in there! Tell her to take a pic from in there!

It is so good that you live far enough away that you don't get me into trouble with projects! When are you coming over to help me talk P into the kitchen paint job?

AM said...

Great idea! Kids love little places like that. I love the dots and things on the wall. Where did you get those?

Magnolia Sun said...

Great idea, she must have a really big closet. Some of my neighbors took their closet doors off and put their dressers in it. We have the wide doors but not very deep.

Christine & Giggs said...

I would have loved that at her age! So fun!

How is changing the bed sheets with the bed in there? Is it really tight to the wall or is there a little space?

FlipFlop Mom said...

ahhhhhhh you did a GREAT job!! I LOVE it.. she looks really happy too!!! Love the colors... I wish Katie were that young still!!! and I LOVE the Gingerbread house!! WAY TO CUTE!!!!!

Queen Karana said...

Love it. I'd do it in a second if either of my girls had a closet that this idea would work with.

It's really cute.

Jessica said...

Whit's room is sooo adorable! Your such a fun mom. I hope if I have kids of my own I am just as fun!
LOVE LOVE the Gingerbread house. I want to find one so I can make one with Andy's kids next weekend!

Shannon said...

Now she sleeps in the closet like CSP!