Saturday night a friend of ours had their annual Christmas party. " Ravioli Night" she told me that this year was going to be smaller than last years.....she said like 11 people. I was thinking Pheww...Whitney and I were the only ones who went over ( they live just around the corner) Tori was being a terd so I told her that she needs to stay home to adjust her attitude before she comes ( Grrrrr) brad was planning on coming but our electrician showed up and they tinkered with the lights out in the garage, Then a friend of his came over and they did their own thing.Besides Social Gatherings are not Brads thing...( I think the electrician and his friend stopping over was "Planned" wink... wink) so anyway it probably was a good thing when I pulled in their yard there was so many cars...as I walk into the Fourier OMG there must of been 200 pairs of shoes! I see my friend across the way and she greeted me by handing me my favorite glass of wine and she said..OMG I am going to kill "B" he just told me this morning that there is 80 people coming! so sure enough...as the night went on the door just flowed with people! I saw so many people I have not seen in years. some since High-school. I had so much fun. while I mingled Whitney bounced around from friend to friend then made her way into the kitchen to make Ravioli. This is a tradition they have each year. Carried on my My friends Husband as a child he and his family would celebrate the Holiday by making Homemade Ravioli. so now they carry on the tradition and make ravioli and let the kids roll out the dough and cut and stuff it with cheese and bake it...I have to give my friends Husband so much credit he was so patient with the 30 Kids...yes I said 30 kids!
I love this little Apron "L" wore to keep her Christmas Dress clean..a little Santa Apron.
once the kids were all done preparing the ravioli the kids were surprised by a HO-Ho-HO at the door! all the kids ran to the living room to find the closest spot to the chair for Santa Clause. Santa sat with the kids and handed out Candy Canes and Animal Crackers to all of them. At this time my cell phone is ringing....it is Tori. asking if I can bring her to the ski area to go Snowboarding with her friends... I agrees ( even tho she was being a terd...but you have to pick and choose you battles when it comes to teen-agers) so I sneak out of the living room as I calmly try to make my way out of the room of 30 kids...I get to the car. ( which is Brads rental car) it is dark...I can't see...it is a car I am not used to so I have no idea where the lights are pr anything...I finally figure it out as I am freezing...I go to reverse and there is a car parked right smack behind me....( No I didn't hit the car..lol) I run back to the house...again full of 80+ people and make an announcement...Does anyone here own a Subaru Outback? OH MY ..LO and Behold! It was Santa Clauses Car! Really! He was busy with the kids so he told "B" that his keys are in the ignition and for me to move it. so I run back to Santa's Car...OH MY it is a standard...I have not driven a standard in years...But I did really good. I didn't even stall it! his car was full of Santa Sacks and candy canes...so COOL I got to drive Santa's Car! HA! Whitney was in her glory...( as soon as she heard I had to move Santa's car she ran right out the door so she could see this up close...( this was all she talked about to her friends..I swear she called everyone in the Phone book to tell them I got to drive Santa's car) She thought it was pretty cool that Santa has the Sleigh for Christmas eve and a car for his house visits before his big night. so finally I managed to get to Tori and bring her to the Ski area...she could of cared less about my exciting moment..Oh well at least Whitney and I were excited! Whitney and I went back to the party after we dropped T off at the ski area for a few more hours...I talked with so many people and just as I was leaving A girls I used to hang out with in the Middle School walked in...I was so bummed that the timing was off. I only had 15 minutes to talk to her since it was time to pick T up .....once I got home I took a bath and wrapped more gifts and did a load of Laundry...Brad was still in the garage with his friends...( whoa Hooo...fun night!) I think my night was way more exciting than standing around in a garage working on a snowmobile...LOL
Do you think Santa can see okay? I think he needs a beard trim!
Sunday I had another Christmas Party..this one was for the Funeral Home I work for. I laughted so hard I had tears in my eyes...Brad did come to this one and we had such a great time...there was about 15 of us. Including my Father..( he is the reason why I was laughing so hard..he is such a prankster!) Just as we were arriving The 2 Morticians had a call to do a home removal...Such is Luck...just as were were starting our Funeral Home Christmas Party...they have to leave! But they made it back with in a half hour of so... it started at 12 and we never made it home until 4:30....we were the only ones at the restaurant (1) they are closed on Sunday but opened for the party...(2) there was so much snow I think we were the only crazy ones to go out in it! I had Pan seared Ribeye with fra diavolo shrimp, served with roasted red potatoes & grilled asparagus ...Heaven!
and I had Pumpkin Cheese cake for desert and a Hot-Chocolate with peppermint schnapps YUM!
Here is a little clip of Whitney Dancing with the animated Santa at the Party... ( wich really creeped me out!)
sorry it is sideways...I can't seem to rotate it.

5 comments:
Wow that is a lot of people for a party at the house! It sounds like you had a great time...even if Brad wouldn't go. I have the same cooperation around here. Why are the teenage years so hard?? Your lunch at the party sounds so good.
ahhhhhhhh that looks so FUN!!!! I LOVE parties with TONS of kids... LOVE IT!!! SANTA ROCKED... hmmmm my mind is thinking what an AWESOME P/T job that would be for Wade.. he is SANTA material!! LOL LOL...
UGH.. Austyn is "off" right now too I tell you... HE GOT IN TROUBLE TODAY!!! and I wouldn't be surprised if MR. Hart seeks him out tomorrow.. the little STINKER!!!
I *PROMISE* to burn the candle.. tomorrow........while I'm cleaning.. my house was HIT by a TORNADO!!! and ELF TORNADO!! LOL LOL...
That sure is a lot of people! I am glad that you had a good time at both parties. At least Brad joined you for one:) Man, when Lani hits those teenage years I am going to be sending her your way! You will be an expert by then!!
The parties sound like so much fun! I love the ravioli tradition. I bet the kids had a ball being in the kitchen. I love the little girl's Santa apron...too cute!
Oh and hot chocolate w/ peppermint schnapps..mmmMMMMmmmm One of my fav drinks this time of year.
I hope the party people had a big house. I bet the kids had a great time with santa and yea for you for getting to ride in his car.
Post a Comment