My days of Bringing Aunt Eddie a tea every Thursday Morning is now nothing but a fond memory....Aunt Edie passed away Last Friday afternoon at the age of 90, and It saddens me that Last Thursday was the only Thursday I did not bring her a Tea...I wish I did. She looked foward to Thursdays knowing she was going to get a Dunkin Donuts Tea and a Gingerbread donut. I will get to say my goodbye to her tomorrow at her Funeral .I noticed that Dunkin Donuts are selling Donut ornaments I am thinking about leaving her a Dunkin Donut ornament with her just so she can have it anytime she wants....~Love you Aunt Edie~

14 comments:
So sorry to hear about the loss of Aunt Eddie.
What pretty blue eyes she had. I know you will miss that part of your week and visiting her. That was a nice thing you were doing for her! I think that's a great idea to get the ornament and leave it with her.
Sorry for your loss. I'm sure she is looking down with her own fondness and seeing how wonderful a person you are for all the kind thing you do. I'm sure she will be missed, 90 years is a great life. We should all be so lucky.
I love the idea of leaving her the ornament. That was something special between you two. She was beautiful.
I'm sorry for your loss. Ninety years is a good long life and I'm sure she misses Thursdays with you just as much as you miss her. I think the ornament is a nice keepsake to remember your times together.
So sorry to hear your auntie passed. The ornament idea is very cool.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I also think it's a great idea to give her the ornament. I'm sure you made her week when you would visit her.
I'm so sorry. I remember you talking about bringing her tea in a post just recently. I really like the idea of of the ornament, too.
I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
Jess
Awe, that's so sweet. Don't feel bad about missing last Thursday. It's all the other Thursdays that count. Don't even give it a second thought.
Im so sorry. That was a wonderful tradition and relationship the two of you had.
I'm sorry to hear about her passing. I just recently saw where you visited her every Thursday and I think that was a wonderful thing....buying the ornament is a wonderful idea! I'm sure those visits meant the world to her, and DO NOT feel bad about missing last Thursday. Like Norman said, it was all the other Thursdays that counted.
I'm sorry to hear about Aunt Edie's passing. Bitter sweet losing someone so close at Christmas.... sad about their passing... and excited about the holidays. I'm thinking of you all.
Oh... I'm so sorry for your loss.. :(
I can guarantee you.. you were a highlight of her week!!!
The ornament idea is wonderful!!!
Post a Comment