Monday, March 05, 2007

Monday is Grocery shopping day.....

Monday is my day off but it is my busiest day of the week. After I drop the girls off at school I run to Dunkin Donuts and get a LARGE coffee and head to the Grocery Store....... Before I start my shopping this is a MUST! I wipe my handle of the cart with a Disinfectant wipe! ever since I had Meningitis ( I had spinal meningitis back in 1998) I have been a huge Germaphobic! Just think of all the germs crawling around on that cart! Ewwwe! So I love these wipes and my hand sanitizer I keep in my bag.

I see the store is getting ready for Easter! Wasn't it just Christmas? where does time go?


Lovely Spring Flowers............



Oh this is my FAVORITE aisle...LOL Gotta have the Merlot!



Okay one thing about me grocery shopping is I am freakish when it comes to placing items in my cart. everything has to be lined up in order, I spend more time keeping my cart organized than it does for me to shop! When some one pushes a cart by me and I see their items just tossed around it drives me crazy, I want to organize their carts! The cart isn't the only thing I have to keep in order...when I am at the check out I am also freakish about how things are placed on the conveyor belt. I don't like bringing the kids with me because they always just through things in, then I have to take the time to fix them so it can be in order that's when my claws come out! LOL. My husband gave up going with me....Crazy I know...I spend all that time placing my items just right and the cashier just scans them and tosses it in a pile and then the bagger bags them and puts them in the cart. so I don't know why I am so obsessed about how things are placed...something I need to work on I guess.......I was going to take a picture of the checkout but the cashier was going to fast....




So here is a picture of my cart just before I checked out....everything was in better order before it got too full....underneath everything is nice and tidy,






Grocery shopping really shouldn't be this hard! I think I need to lighten up a bit! I do have fun shopping I am really not a control freak I just want to be organized..... I think we all have our own hidden habits and obsessions...this is one of mine...Blahhhh! So who would like to go Grocery shopping with me????


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love seeing the grocery store pics! We don't have a Hanna market here. Mainly just VONS/Albertsons/Ralphs so I LOVE to see the store by you! I love seeing what it is like on the east coast. I see FRUIT drinks in your cart... yum!!! :o) OMG -- it is so cold by you...still! winter needs to give you a break! today was like SUMMER here....a breath of FRESH air...in the 80's....I was soooo happy....I love winter....but it was A nice change!!!

Pugalicious said...

Never seen that store..Yes we all have our ways. I am one that just throws it all in. I do not want to be at the store any longer than I need to. My husband would disown me if I started organizing like that at the store.. :)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

LOL Coco you will see a lot of junk food today....Everyone here is one] a different diet....W and Brad are watching their weight and are on a lower cal food diet...T as you know has bone growth delay and is still under weight so her DR has her on a High Cal. diet....so I have to alternates shopping days to accommodate everyone's diet. It gets tough... So later in the week I will stock up on foods for my husband and W...
I love the Tropicana's water...
Wow 80! can I say JEALOUS! we were issues a sever weather warning ...Temps are dropping below zero agin tonight...windchill factor -20 below zero....We wont see 80 degree weather until late May early June........BLAHHHHH!

Magnolia Sun said...

We have that store here too. I'm somewhat like you, I have to have everything separated on the conveyor belt, meat, fruit, veggies, non food stuff. I think we have OCD!

Michelle said...

You know the best thing about Easter is Mini Eggs. I could eat a whole bag of those things!

Anonymous said...

You are kept busy with all of the different diets! Do you have a Trader Joe's by you? (I don't know if that is a store out of CA? -- I think it is?) It has so much JUNK food in a "healthy" form. I love it... Like -- POPCORN (a guilt pleassure of mine...but bad for me...) well, they have a popcorn w/ just popcorn, canola oil (good for you) and sea salt! and it tastes great! :) I am happy to have this warm weather....if I could....I would SO send it over your way to Share!!!!

L~ said...

You must be my sister because I'm the same way about organising the cart. And I get so incredibly ticked off when the people packing the groceries don't know what the hell they're doing. I put the refrigerated stuff all together on the belt for a REASON.

The inside of Hannafords must all be the same cause your wine aisle looks just like mine.

Coco- there are trader joe's in the Northeast, but I think the nearest one from my sister is an hour or more away. Definitely not convenient, but it's totally worth making a HUGE trip for and stocking up. I try doing that occasionally since it's closer for me.

Sandy said...

Oh, I could go to the grocery store with you but you could not go with me!!!! YOu would wear yourself out organizing things as I TOSS things in the cart. I sometimes get a plastic vegetable bag and put it over the handle of the cart. Love seeing the pics of your grocery store, too.

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I'd go with you - I'm the same way!