Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tip Top fun!


Today we went into Vermont to go to TIP TOP POTTERY. It is a fun place to go with the family. W invited her Friend to come since T didn't want to go. T just went the other week for a Birthday party.... You pick out what you want to make...you have a choice of so many things from wine glasses to drawer pulls you name it..they have it there for you to make. Today Brad, W and I picked out a dinner plate and W's friend picked out a dog bowl...
Here is my plate, I picked out a star for the middle..they have a verity of pieces to add ...I though a star would be fun....




I picked out 3 different shades of PURPLE................



And added black Polka Dots




W sponge painted hers with pink and painted Blue stars....





Brad just went crazy with a bunch of colors.......






W added a paw print to her plate........







Finished...well almost finished we have to leave them at the studio so they can put them in the kiln I can pick them up in a week....

Mine is the purple one with the Black Polka Dots

W's is the pink one with the Black polka dots

A's ( Whit's Friend) did the Blue Dog Bowl

Brad...did the bluish pinkish plate with Dog bones and paws on the side...Brad wrote Willow and Belle on the bones...


I will be sure to take pictures of them when I pick them up next week..they will look different..a lot Brighter and bolder...I am excited to see what they will look like when all finished!


It was a fun day....








So check back in a week or so to check out the after photos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I love all of the plates, but I especially love yours Lisa and the dog food bowl. How cute!!! What a neat idea for a store :)

Sandy said...

That looks like so much fun. I'd like to do that, too. I've never done that before. Your husband is so sweet to go do that with y'all. The colors look great and I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Anonymous said...

thats a great idea :) i'd have fun doing that! love those dog bones and paw prints, but the star is my fav.....i love stars :) fun day, can't wait to see the finished product!!

Magnolia Sun said...

That looks like fun, I'm not sure my boys would do it though. Husband looked like he was having a good time too.