Thursday, March 08, 2007

Doctor Appointment for Belle and PugTatoes!

Willow was diagnosed back a few months ago with a condition called....."Pigmentary Ketatitis" Click here to learn more. I noticed what I thought may be beginning stages of this on Belle the other morning, So I called her Vet and they set up an appointment for her to be seen. We went yesterday morning and she doesn't not ride well in the car at all anymore...she gets carsick. I was told by her vet that it is okay to give her Dramamine...( DONT do this until you get the correct strength from your VET!) so I gave it to her about a half an hour before we left. I let her sit up front with me hopeing to take the edge off. she did pretty good at first then when we got close to the vet she started getting anxious and she jumped in the back seat and had DIHARRA all over the back seat! I was like OMG instant panic! I was nearmy IN-Laws home and pulled into their driveway and did all I could to clean her and the back seat up...as I gag and dry heaving! Good thing I had a towel and paper-towels and baby wipes in the car. ...so all is cleaned up ( as good as you can do in 3 minutes) I get back in and drive down the road and the smell is unbearable! so I stick my Yankee candle airfreshiner in the heat vent and roll down my windows...( Mind you it is -below zero wind chill -20below!) Ya!! Pretty Cold to be driving with the windows down! I guess the Dramamine workdfor the thowing up but not Pooping! BLAHHH! This is Belle before she Pooped all over the back seat!
Belle waiting for the Vet to check her eyes...
The technician came in and asked if she needed her toes trimmed. I said ya she does but I explained to her she may have poopy feet....she clipped her toes and told me I did a good job cleaning her feet because she saw no Poopy.
Just as I thought Belle does have the same condition as Willow. It is PIGMENTARY KERATITIS. so now Belle and Willow and on Eye ointments and Drops for life.......More meds to add to out Pug Pharmacy....!
Belle knows I always leave her a treat after her Doctors appointment...she could smell it on the seat...

W is pealing potatoes for dinner.....The pugs wanted in on the action....
W called them PUGATAOES.









7 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

Poor Belle, good job on cleaning up the mess I'm not sure I could have done it without losing it.

Good job to W too.

Sandy said...

THat is the cutest picture of W sitting on that pink chair peeling potatoes with the girls. Poor Belle. I hate that for her and you. Gee, too bad it had to be in the car. Maybe you'll have to have someone go with you next time and wrap her in a towel and hold her the whole way.

Chad Swint said...

I have a dog that gets car sick also and a friend suggested giving the dog a gingersnap cookie about a half hour before getting in the car and its suppost to calm their tummies.
I guess if you think about it, its not a horrible idea because they say ginger is suppost to calm ur belly for nausea. It's worked great for us.
Goodluck i know how horrible that it to deal with.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Chad. Yes I do also give her Gingersnap cookies....I was told to do this by our vet...But I think Belle's motion sickness is beyond a cookie and Dramamine. If you hear of any other ideas let me know! Thanks, and Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Poor Belle :( Thank goodness she has a good mommy like you to clean up her poopy! She looks so incredibly SWEET in these pics. What a little love! I LOVE the pics of W and the Pugs with the PugTatoes (Such a cute name!).

I say...
Lisa's PUG Pharmacy is...CLOSED! No more meds!

Hope it warms up some for you, Lisa!! :o)

Manda Girl said...

Oh lisa, that's too bad that she got so sick in the back seat! poor girls (you and Belle!)

It's good that you knew what to look for and have her starting out before it gets too bad. What a good pug momma.

Leah said...

Poor Belle. Hope she is feeling better. I agree, I would be gagging and dry heaving too.