Willow is Horrified to see what I just posted about her..........
Even more Horrified to have her baby sister knowing........
I just bought this large Magnet at Petco..........Willow tends to think it is real she often barks at it....Pretty funny
Willow keeping her composure after being invaded this afternoon............

12 comments:
Chloe has the "anul" problem bad too. I talked to vet about expressing, but he said unless she goes whacko to let nature take it's course...which is usually on my pant leg in the car! UGH!!!!
Mine have had to have them expressed before but not in a long time. Hopefully, she'll get better. I feel sorry for you because it does STINK...you should take a towel with you in the car. Yuck. Plus that does get expensive if you think about having to do it from now on. I could not bring myself to do the expression!! I guess your girls are going to Disney this week? Lucky...
eek! that sounds like NO FUN. I would be all for getting them removed myself. $44 a month (if it stays at $22 a visit) times 12 months is $528 a year! If you were to have to do that for the next 10 years, that is $5280! Eekers. :o)
Hey Ali..thanks for doing the math...yup It will certainly be cheaper to have them removed. I Didn't think of the total cost of all the visits in the future....
Poor Willow! We love you anyway!
hah yeah i had to crack out the calculator and tally it up. :) lol
Poor Willow!! =( Good luck with everything with her. I hope she won't have to have them removed... it seems though, if what you are doing now is working... the removal would only make it that she wouldn't have to go in every 2 weeks. Willow- you are a very very pretty girl!!
Oh Willow, I am so glad you have peeps that love you so even with stinky butt problems. I hope it all goes well for you sweetie. We love checking in on you and your baby sister as well as your humans! Take care and best of luck with the.... issue... I told Pyrite and she screamed, covered her paws over her head and said I'm not listening.. apparently she is not such a fan of medical conditions!
Cheers
Bismarck completely understand how you feel Willow. He had to go to the emergency room one time because he had an infected anal gland. Now he has to get them expressed on a regular bases too.
wow - I just posted about Meimei's anal glands today too! Check out the funny flash video on this link http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_anal_sacs.html
(scroll down to see it all)
Our vet talked to us about getting Meimei glands removed - cause we were taking her in every 4 weeks - we were trying a bunch of different stuff - raw pumpkin is supposed to be good (no difference) and then we started feeding her Medi-Cal Preventitive Formula and now we only have to do it once every 4 months!
I figure it's a food with less "fillers" in it so the poop is more rigid.
I would worry about the surgery cause I read somewhere that they could have problems controlling themselves when it's time to go poop... but I'm not sure it that's true. As I rattle on I think - hey just tell her to email you ;)
Meimei understand Willow - she gets embarressed too!
Awww, poor Willow. I hope things get better for her soon!
I'm delurking to tell you not to worry - I have to have my dachshund mix's glands expressed every month. It is seriously the worst smell in the entire world - I tried to explain it to my boyfriend but he thought I was exaggerating. Then I brought him with on one visit. Now he doesn't second guess me. Aaack!
Post a Comment