skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Okay....I never really got into the Potty routine thing with Willow. Since she has been a Puppy we have 2 Potty places for her to go..Usually she goes #1 near the Brooke we have out back ( hummmm maybe it is the trickling of the water flowing through that makes her have to pee? ) and then she usually goes #2 behind our Garage . the thing that irritates me is she will PACE back and forth back and forth back and forth then will sniff around do a few circles then stop...pace back and forth back and forth back and forth again...over and over again. It takes her FOREVER in a Day to go potty! I mean sometimes this will go on for 15 min.or more she has always been like this. and it seems like she knows when the weather is bad because these are the days she takes even longer to go...(like I really enjoy standing out in the rain or snow storm or 10 below zero degrees Willow! ) I used to bring Belle to go out with her at the same time but now I stopped because Belle is starting to pick it up...I caught her doing the pace thing too! so now Belle has her own Potty time hoping she will just know to go with out finding the perfect spot like Willow.... I can't wait to have our fenced in yard so I can just send her out to do her business. she is pretty high maintenance for this potty thing so I think the fenced in yard will be helpful. So please tell me is there anyone else that goes through this same routine?
7 comments:
Pyrite likes to take her time sniffing out the prime pee area:) She wanders around and around and then finally picks a spot but doesn't take too too long, some days are quicker then others. My friend trained her dogs to, "go quick" and then they pee on the spot. Not sure how she did it but it worked for her!
Cheers!
Belle and her baby face just make my heart melt! I think you are adorable too Willow:)
Chloe is the worst too! She circles, circles, circles...a bird chirps, she stops, then again, the wind blows, she stops...goes on FOREVER! When she finally pees there is such a look of relief on her face! Zoey is nothing like that, goes out, sniffs, pees. Rosie, well she can barely make it out the door. She is very good about going quick. I'm with you - I can't wait for a fence!
Tiny used to do what we call the "doodie dance" and it took a while for her to circle and circle to do her business. Sometimes they just need to "shake it up" to get it going. Since mine are older, they don't tend to take forever...but they also have plenty of so-called accidents in the house even thought I let them out all day long. I love them so much, but sometimes I think about having cats after they are gone just because of the potty issues. But I think I'll always have a pug, especially an old soldier that needs to live out the rest of his life in peace.
Coco does circle... a lot... he will find a spot, then circle again. I say POO - POO everday and it usually speeds him up a bit! It hasnt gotten near 15 min. though!!! I think Willow is one of those type where she takes the poo poo time very seriously LOL
Meimei tends to take forever too... sometimes I have to pick her up and give her a little "pep" talk to get her going :)
We don't have a fenced yard yet either - but they "go" out on our deck - which is gated off. Miko circles and circles around the deck and then always ends up doing her business in the same place - right in front of the door!
Wow...thanks everyone I guess I am not alone with this Potty Ordeal with Willow. I guess it is not that bad seeing how winter is now gone....thanks everyone for you quick responses ! I have to tell you I just brought Willow out for her Bedtime pee and I chuckled as she did her Potty dance.I just pictures all your pugs doing this. it took her 12 Min's to Pee I times her this time.
Oops sorry for all the typos! I should of done spell check! LOL
Post a Comment