Monday, September 11, 2006

The Patient was discharged today!

Willow is HOME! I called the vet this morning and they said that willow seems to be doing well. They said that I should call later this afternoon to check to see if she is well enough to come home. I thought to myself..this is Good I still can go to the mall and not have to worry about her being home alone with Belle. So I went to the mall...and I remember the vet telling me that I should get her a shirt to wear because she is such a licker. I went to a few stores like the GAP, OLD NAVY,but I didn't see anything very flattering. I went in to the baby section of OLD NAVY and I got her a 4T shirt....Just like what AF got for Emma . It was only $7.00 verses the $15-20 Dog shirts that they had. so after I got home from the Mall it was around 12:30. I called the vet checking in on Willow...Indeed she was ready to come home. I went and picked her up. They went over the instructions what to do..went over ALL her medications ( she will have to be on Methiodol) for the rest of her life. They told me they removed a few LARGE JAGGED stoned that scratched her bladder and had a slight tear in it. If we waited any longer Willow would of not been with us anymore it was ready to burst. so if you suspect any kind of Peeing issues get it checked ASAP! they also removed a Jagged Stone lodged in her Urethra along with Kidney Stones. the cause of this is from a high level PH level I never know about this. I never saw any signs. the only signs I noticed was a very strong Fishy smell. after she peed. then she started having accidents in the house. (not pleasant smell in your home! ) about 2 weeks ago I also noticed she peed alot more than usual. but she was drinking alot so I figured she was peeing from drinking so much.....so Thank God we caught it in time.....she has 9 stitches in her belly it is about 2 1/2 inches long....she is very sore. I was told not to let her walk much. Crate her if I had too...bring her out to pee often but limit exercise....They also said that she will pee blood for 7-10 days and will Leak urine so she has to wear a Doggie Diaper while she is in the house or Bed. SO $500.60 later Willow is home....she can't bark it is all muffled due to being intabated she must have a sore throat. T asked if she could give her a cough Drop for her throat. ( lol)
She is not herself ( to be expected) she is moopy,ears pasted back and has no interest in anything tonight....When I first brought her home she was so excited...tail wagging and loving all the attention. My Father came and Paid her a visit and she was so happy! but now that the Pain meds are wearing off she is not as happy or excited..all she wants to do is lay down and be covered up with her Lady Bug Blanket and Monkey. Too much excitement for the sick girl today.....Time for her to rest up!
Willow feeling under the weather...........
Look Emma Willow has the same shirt as you do!
How embarrassing this must be to her!
I brought Willow out for some fresh air.....Under Doctors orders no walking! So I put her in W's old baby stroller.....she LOVED the stroller ride! we sure did get a few strange looks as people drive by us.......

This make a Cool Pug Wheel~chair don't cha think? People must think I have a Pretty cute baby as I push her down the road......

16 comments:

Jo Jo said...

lisa u may want to check the wording before the picture of the shirt that willow and emma have matching ones of, forgetting a letter in shirt results in a bad word, hee hee :) hope she feels better soon, sweet girl :) lots of hugs

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Haha..Thanks Jodie,,,apparently I have a nice Blog friend who wants to remain "Anonymous" who told me to learn to spell! LOL I went back and fixed it but now I think I should of left it for my "ANONYMOUS" friend to comment about my spelling again.. anyway thanks Jodie.... :o)

Jo Jo said...

sometimes these things are over looked eh? i wonder who this anonymous person is? probably someone you know who didn't want to offend u, hope i didn't offend u, just thought u should know :) If it was any other error i would have over looked it, but that word seemed to jump :) too fun these blogs are, i'm almost addicted to reading and/or updating daily, one day we'll have to have a big convention of bloggin' buddies and meet one another!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

I agree that would be so fun....I have met so many amazing people through Blogging...Some bonds have been created too.
Don't worry about the typo you mentioned...I actually got a kick out of it. LOL

Ziz said...

i'm glad she's home! I've been thinking out her today. :)

Ignore anonymous people -- they are just too chicken shit to be 'real' and dont have the balls to back up what they are saying by using their real identity. :)

Sandy said...

Yeah...I'm so glad she's home. Like Ali, I was thinking about her a lot today. You almost spent as much as it cost to buy that puppy pug at the pet store! I'm so thankful that Willow's problem was caught in time. That is so scary. I sure wish they could "talk" and let us know when they are feeling bad or hurting. I love the picture of you walking her in the baby stroller. I might have to get a baby stroller if mine ever get where they can't move very well.

Sandy said...

Hey, is that a squirt gun in that stroller that you carry for protection??? Just kidding!

AM said...

RPM- TOO FUNNY about the squirt gun! LOL.

Im so glad Willow is home and doing well. Man, emergency surgery must be scary for all of you.

Thats so cool that Willow and Emma have the same shirt!!! Emma's is 12-18 months, so when Emma is that old, we all should get together and make sure Willow is there and we can take a picture with them together. :)
alfredsmom

Anonymous said...

That shirt is adorable!
I am SO SO SO glad she is home! She looks adorable on her little stroller. That is a cute (and funny) picture :)
THANK GOD you caught it in time. THANK GOD! Willow sure has a great Momma!!! I was so happy to see this when I went to your blog today........I am so very exited......give her hugs, love and Kisses from me !!!

Punchbugpug said...

Glad to see she is back home! I'm sure she'll be back to her crazy little self real soon...until then, lots of loving from mama!

Anonymous said...

that's great to see that Willow has made it home! Just being around her family will hopefully heal her quickly!

She sure is getting the royal treatment :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she is home safe and sound - cuddling with her sisters and her monkey!

I love the stroller - such a great idea. Willow deserves the Royal treatment for sure!

Leah said...

We are so happy that Willow is home and is on the way to recovery! I am so thankful too that you guys caught it in time--those close calls are soooo scary. Love the pug shirt--now I think Daisy needs one!

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

oh my goodness - I haven't had a chance to check blogs in a couple days so I didn't know she was having trouble. I'm SO GLAD you caught this! Momma always knows best - give her kisses for us!

Priscilla said...

Poor dear. Bladder conditions are so painful and the surgery is even more painful.

I hope they let you give her pain meds at home. Some vets don't, especially with pugs that can have issues with drugs.

She is in great hands and on her way to full recovery. Good job!

Awful cute pug in the stroller. She is just happy as can be.

Anonymous said...

Lisa;

I am so sorry I have missed what Willow is/was going through. But thank God she is now on the mend. I will be keeping her in my well puggy thoughts and prayers.

Paula
papugpack.blogspot.com