Saturday, September 09, 2006

Willow update........

Willow is really sick, she was lethargic through the night and I kept bringing her to a potty pad during the night telling her to go pee *Nothing*...........I brought her out fist thing this morning to try to pee again still no pee.... So this is day 2 without willow peeing. I called her vet they said to bring her in....so I did they felt her belly and could feel her bladder was VERY,VERY full so also did an ultrasound on her bladder and they said it looks as if it was snowing . a lot of crystals floating around. they also felt a very large object in her urethra so they did an x~ray and found that there is a Large Stone lodged in her urethra. so they needed to do emergency surgery before her urine leaked into her kidneys or before her bladder would burst. I didn't get to say good bye to her as they took her out back. they told me what was going on while they were prepping her for surgery....w and I drove back home to get willow her favorite monkey and Blanket so she can smell her surroundings while she is there. I will keep you posted..............

2 comments:

Ziz said...

oh no! :(

I hope she will be okay -- it sounds like they saw her just in time. Thank goodness!

much boston love from my guys to your girls (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I got chills reading this Lisa.
It does sound like they caught it just in time, before it caused any worse damage into her kidneys! You'll see her soon Lisa....hang in there Honey...I know this has got to be tough on you. Did they say anything about them thinking the surgery will take care of the problem? Does she get to come home today?

HUGS HUGS HUGS!