Anyone have spare change laying around? In the sofa? on the Bathroom sink? what about the washing machine? that's where I find change laying around....so for this New Year I bought this Large Jug ( at Big Lots ) and whenever we find spare change we will drop it into the jug and not touch it for the whole year. I am curious to see how much we will save for the whole year. I think close tot he end of the year I may have a contest to see who can guess how much is in it...Fun huh? right now it is pretty empty but Whitney has been hunting around the house for change and she has started dropping the change in....I even saw her taking change out of her very own wallet to contribute...( aww sweet kid..) I made sure she kept her money and told her that I don't want her to think she needs to add her own money. it is just the change we find laying around. I think this will be a nice treat for us seeing how we are so broke after the holidays...


Whitney found a bunch of Change all over the house...She call this. "Feeding the Money Jug" Like she is pinching food into a fish bowl....
Notice the Money Jug is in my bedroom? My kids have tiny hands you know....they can sneek money out easily so having it in my room makes it a little harder for them to do....Sneaky Kids!
9 comments:
We have a change jug too! We are saving to take Ian to Disneyworld someday! Pyrite is devastated that they don't allow dogs!
Here is hoping it fills up quick!
I'm In!!!!!!!!!
thats a neat vase thing.. how cool. Hey.. I fell off your favorite links of blogs you read.. *sniffs*
fun! i was thinking what 'pyrite' said: save the money and go to disney or go on a disney cruise! that's sweet that whitney was putting her own money in there.
Oh .. we have been doing this since last April... we have a piggy bank in the computer room.. by the washer and in my bedroom... hubby has his own stash.. however... I call it my goal to "Disney World"... everytime we go to Wally*World we find pennies on the ground and pick them up.. and we say.. "One penny closer to Disney World".. one time I had an older lady hear me say that.. and she turned and said.. "If that's the only way you're counting on going.. don't plan to make it there"... Some people!!! always have to be negative!! grrr...
Have fun... can't wait to see it grow!!
We also have a place for change but I end up using it for lunch money. Good idea for saving it all year, I'm sure you'll be surprised at how much you end up with.
What a great idea:) Of course the jug is very fashionable!! Whitney is super sweet to add her money.
Good idea! The husband does this and has good results.
That's a great idea. We have a small glass jar, but its also cluttered with other stuff (obit clippings oddly enough) I think if we got a nice big pretty jug like that and set it out somewhere easily accessible we'd have better luck. We have TONS of change lying around.
Post a Comment