The vet called around 9:30 to tell me that Belle was ready to go home anytime after 10:30am. so Whitney and I left the house a little early so I could stop to make a loan payment at the bank since it was on the way. We arrived at the vet ( still a little early but we were anxious to get her!!!) since we were early and the Dr has not yet signed the discharge papers the nurse brought Whitney and I out back and showed us the Operating room ( looks just like a regular OR !) and walked us to the Hospital room where Belle was. There she was all wrapped in a ball in the corner of her room with a Cone on her head. she looked so sad and in pain. she tried to get up as soon as she saw us and couldn't get up. Her leg was too sore. The Nurse took her out and set her on the floor and she hopped over to us on 3 legs...so cute yet so sad at the same time. I asked if I could pick her up and I could so I held her the rest of the appointment. she was coughing and like a choking cough and I asked why she was doing that and they said her throat is sore from being intabated and will cough for another few days. She shook the whole time I held her and they said a lot of the shaking and trembling is due to the pain. ( sniff sniff) the Doctor went over instructions and directions , we went over doses of medications she came home with 4 different medications...We now have a Pug Pharmacy! ( this will make another post....wait until you see this!) While talking with the Doctor my cell phone kept ringing...( I keep it on vibe thank goodness!) thinking what possible could be so important for it to keep on ringing?...so I ignore the vibing cell phone and go pay for Belle's Tune up.....not too bad I thought it was going to be a lot more than it was..I thought it was going to coast me $600.00 or more but it was $360.69! Pheww! So I guess the quote they gave me was for having both knees done...They want her back in 2 weeks to have her stitches removed and to see how her knee is healing and to see when she would come back in to have her left knee done. So as I am paying the bill my phone is ringing AGAIN! I am trying to hold Belle...find my credit card, sign papers,dropping my keys..The last thing I ws going to do was answer my Cell phone! Once we leave I get Whitney settled and buckled up. I place Belle wrapped up like a baby in her Snowman blanket on Whitney's lap and notice I had 6 missed calls on my phone...didn't recognize the number so I ignored it. it rang again? what the Heck so I answered it and what do you know....It was the teller at the bank I went to and she asked if I was missing a envelope? I said a envelope? why? I peeked in my purse and my Bank envelope was gone? hummm? I said ya It looks as if I am missing a envelope? I said it was a bank envelope from another bank right? she said ya with $200.00 in it ? Man I can be such an airhead! I left the envelope from the bank I withdrew money from to pay on a loan we have at another Bank at the tellers window...man how stupid? I ran back to that bank and Thanked her over and over and explained to her why I was in such a hurry...I wanted My PUG! lol
Good thing I paid with my credit card other wise I would of been S.O.L!

Here is Belle in her Hospital room........pitiful huh?

Her ID tag on her door....

The nurse taking Belle out....

That is a big incision!it is about 3-4 inches long!


The Pug Posse is so happy to have Belle back in the Posse again~ They must of been wondering why she is loopy?

Willow says....... Boy Belle! your not kidding! you are all grown up now! you are so lucky I wish Mom would let me shave my legs now! but you should be more careful you cut your knee really bad!

Belle resting with Whitney....

Belle seems to really like her Recovery Room....

a little rest with Me on her snowman blanket....

Time for a rest in her room....

Get well soon Belle~
21 comments:
Poor baby!!! I'm so glad she's home with her family now. I can't believe she has to go through it all again in a few weeks. poor thing. I hope she feels better soon!!! Give her lots of kisses from me and Maximus.
Oh, poor, sweet Belle. She looked so sad at the hospital, but now she is getting lots of well-deserved loving at home!
Oh poor baby! I hope she feels better soon! We're rooting for her. xoxo
poor thing, she looks so pitiful, glad she's back home with all of yall.
Yeah!!!!!!!!! Belle is home!!!!!!! ((((Hugz))) I will keep her in my thoughts/prayers.
Ahhh, poor little Belle! I think that was fairly inexpensive. Rescues I have helped with have cost way more than that!
Glad she is home and hope she recovers quickly.
Glad your money was found too!
Poor little thing. Keep us posted on how much better she is after the surgery. I am curious because Napoleon has one bad knee that "pops" all the time but it doesn't appear to cause him any pain and he runs around and plays all the time. Did Belle's get progressively worse? Give her a big kiss from us!
Oh Belle- you are so loved! I am so happy the surgery went well and that your peeps are taking such good care of you. It warms my heart to see the love shown by her sissy:)
Cheers
Pyrite's peep
AWW! I'm praying Belle gets well soon. My puppy, well he was a puppy 4 years ago(still my puppy), had a problem with his hip slipping in and out of socket. Until he was hit by a car, at the mere age of 9 months, did we even know this problem existed. When the vet told me, a light bulb went off. There were a few times before his accident that he would stand up and then yelp(loudly). He always seemed okay and I was a first time doggie owner so I never thought much of it(shame on me!). Anyhow, back to him being hit by the car. We are blessed our Happy(his name) dog is still with us. We call him our miracle dog or the $3000 dog:) His pelvis was broken in half, along with a broken leg, fractures, a dislocated hip(which was removed in surgery), and severe cuts right into his bones. He had an excellent surgeon and I am "happy" to say he is doing just fine today. The doctors told me his hip would continue to dislocate and removing his hip would improve his quality of life. I think my doggie knows his life is a blessing. Once he recovered, the puppy part of him emerged (he was always very sweet and calm but not very playful)and he runs so fast. It's amazing.
Thanks for letting me share my story-sorry it was so long!
Give Belle kisses from all of us!
its really good Belle has such a comforting home. I couldn't think of a better place that is taking care of thier pugs so well. You have done a great job teaching your children to treat these creatures with kind warmness.. great job
Awwww! We are so happy that she is home, safe and sound! She looked really sad at the hospital, but we are sure she was delighted to see you again and is happy at home with her puggy pals :)
Love Weeny and Daisy xx xx
awww, poor belle! i hope she has good drugs to ease the pain. feel better soon, girlie! make your people hold you all the time ;-)
Hoooray! Baby Belle is home!
She may cough for quite a while. If you have a humidifier that will help some.
I know that feeling of having your babies safely back in your home. I know they feel the same way.
She does look a little loopy.
I love how everyone has to give her an examination when she gets home. I'm so glad she is doing well and she looks good. You're halfway there to getting her all fixed up. I know you are glad that the teller called you before you found out that the money was missing..that's a bad feeling when you can't find the money you know you had in your purse. I love seeing four pugs at your house...I miss all the little feet pitter-patter around here.
awwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet she is... She looked soooo happy to be home with you.. can't blame her!!!!! Oh you had an awesome teller.. I'm so glad you got your other $$ back... pheeewww!!!
the incision makes me shudder.. I know how nasty that can be. My thoughts are with your belle.. I'm sure you left the money behind because you were too preoccupied at leat you did it at the bank!
Poor, sweet Belle! She is so much like my Sela! They are the same weight and Sela is only a year older than Belle. I think you got a GREAT deal on that surgery...when I worked at the vet school at UF it was usually at least $1000 for knee surgery. Oh, and I love her new "recovery room"...hope she has lots of good pain meds!
Hi! I'm so sorry but I must have misled you. I meant to put in my comment that Happy wasn't a pug. Nope he's a mutt. We found him in the woods behind our house at about 5 wks old. He was absolutely covered in fleas and ticks so I brought him in and gave him a bath. Well we fell in love. My son gave him his name and it definitely fits! We want a pug and that's what attracted me to your blog(I saw your comments on Nate's blog). I think they're adorable so as soon as we can afford it we'll be pug owners too. It will be great for Happy to have a friend too! I have pics of him stored in my phone so as soon as I can figure out how to do it I will post a pic of him on my blog. Thank you for praying for my parents! God Bless You!
poor baby! get better soon Belle!
Oh no!
Poor Belle with the cone and everything! I am sure that there is nothing more embarrasing for a little puggy then "THE CONE".
I hope that she is totally better soon.
I opened your secret santa package to see the damage - it turns out that only one thing is broken so I just need to do some cleaning and then I can remail you a new package.
The only problem? When the machine at the post office destroyed the box, it ripped off your address which, I assume, is why they sent the package back to me. So, can you email me your address again at my hotmail email account?
Thanks,
Rachele J Beck, Jemima Jones Beck's Mom
Awww. That looks like a great little pop up kennel. Much sturdier than ours. Im glad she's got the other pugs to help her get better!
Post a Comment