This weekend we decided to go snowshoeing over to our place at the lake. We have not been over in a little over 3 months since we closed up camp so we decided to check on things and get some well needed exercise. It is hard to believe it is going to be another 4 months before we can get back into our Summer routine, sitting on the beach, kayaking,fishing,roasting marshmellows, walking the Pugposse here is a little of the Lake Then and Now...........

Now..................

Then.................

Now.......
whitney having a meltdown...she was tired and her legs hurt. she had enough snowshoeing for day........

Now........this is where we keep our Kayaks at the Dog beach.......

Then.... Oh I miss this part of the lake being out in my Kayak...now it sits under our camper and I am sure a mouse has made it it's home for the winter...( gross )


The entrance to the Camp...So if any of you bloggers come and visit...this is where you will sign in... Like
Wendy got to do!

Whitney rolling down the hill from our camper......

Now.........

Then.......

No BINGO tonight...the Gazebo is snowed in! This is where we play BINGO every other Saturday night...

Whitney starting to have another Meltdown.........

Full Blown meltdown.............. believe it or not the photo below is taken in the same spot during the fall.........


Now..........

Then...........

Whitney wishing for a warm fire here at our fire pit at the camp.....it was SOOOOO COLD! and windy!

Here is what se was thinking of....our summer night fires............

Turbo going fishing in our fish Pond during the summer.............

Here it is just to the left of Whitney....no the fish are not frozen into the pond I took them home and put them in a prefab pond in our basement to keep them alive...that was until I went to my Blogger meet up in North Carolina and forgot to remind Brad to feed them while I was gone and I got a phone call while I was in NC saying my fish were dead...( Remember this phone call Punchy,Magnolia,Girlville and Normans Woman and Thirty Something?) LOL when we were walking near the stadium picking up worm infested acorns! EwwE!

Oh I miss this place.........
12 comments:
Poor Whitney....I know how she feels, I felt like having a meltdown last Thursday when we were skiing and it was 0 degrees. Brrr!
Great post!! I love seeing the then and now. Your camp is so pretty. I am still amazed at how short your season is up there. Tell Whitney, I would be right there with her having my own meltdown. I think your husband would have to hook up a snowski and a rope to me and haul me back.
Awesome! Hey, it snowed where I live, too! Except I live in Alabama and it's not supposed to snow. Check out the pictures! :)
oh whit, i'd be right there with you having a meltdown if was walking in all that snow,wind,cold! it was really bitter cold here yesterday and being outside was miserable. oh, when you showed turbo looking in the fish pond i said 'uh oh'..i think they are no longer among the living'! i totally remembered brad calling and telling you they had met their demise in the basement!
Whitney had a bad day! I could do with a nice warm day at the campground too. It looks like a great place!
I remember that phone call too! lol!
What a pretty place up there. Those then and now pictures are amazing with all the snow.
OOOO Its so pretty there! We want to live there!
Love Weeny and Daisy xx xx
Poor Whit. I'll take the summer version!
What a great vacation place that is! I love that picture of Turbo "fishing". I'd probably have a melt down too if I had to walk all around in the cold snow! lol.
I miss the camp and I was only there a few times:( Summer must come quicker!! I love the Whitney melt downs. Poor baby! LOL!!
Great post!
Your camp is beautiful in the warm and cold pictures. :)
Melissa
Ok.. today I hate you..... LOL LOL.. NAH just kidding.. I have been so cold for the past week.. that I am CRAVING that weather....
Kyaking??? I can't do it.. austyn ROCKS at it!!!! Go figure.. LOL LOL LOL!!
Post a Comment