Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dino sweater!

Turbo got a package in the mail the other day! My sister knew I was looking for a sweater for Turbo but was having a hard time finding one Big enough to fit his LARGE structure. so she made this cute Dinosaur sweater Just for him. He loves his new sweater! he pranced around the house like he was all that. Like he knew he was stylin!My job for this sweater was to measure him. He is NOT the easiest to measure so I hurried up and gave my sister the wrong measurements...so it is a little big. But I much rater have it hang on him than squeeze him... Belle playing Peek-A-Boo under her Brother...See how much bigger Turbo is? Belle is trying to look up and over him.
I love the detailing on his Chest...Great Job Lynn!
Willow wanted to try it on for Kicks...you see the difference in size now? Willow is 18 lbs and Turbo is 30 lbs.


Baaaa! Belle looks like one of those Sheep you see at the fairs with their little coats on! LOL


Thank you Lynn !

24 comments:

Frances Louise said...

OMG!! SO CUTE! Dinosaurs would not have gone extinct if they were all as cute as Turbo!

Frances Louise said...

I just saw that you entered Turbo's picture . . . I'll register and then go vote for Turbo . . .

We also tagged you on our blog -- come visit!

Weeny&Daisy said...

OOO! Turbo looks adorable in his dinosaur jumper! Your sister is so clever!

We love our polka dot sofa cover too! Its to stop all our hair getting to the sofa, it only cost mummy £3, which is about $6!

Love Weeny and Daisy xx xx

Leah said...

SO CUTE! Your sister is very talented!

Magnolia Sun said...

She did a great job and he looks so handsome.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

That is adorable. I too have a dinosaur sweater.

Punchbugpug said...

He looks stylin'! Norman has that sweater too!

monkeyface said...

HOW ADORABLE!! I knit too, but never thought to make sweaters for my fur babies. Thanks Lynn for the idea! Turbo... watch out.. those ladies will be swarming you now. LOL

Pam said...

That is the cutest sweater!! OMG!

Page said...

Wow, that is just adorable! I understand having difficulty fitting pugs, as Winston is 26 pounds and nothing really fits him right in the stores. Plus, the hubby is never pleased when I come home with pug clothes!

kristie said...

i love it! that's the cutest thing ever. 'dino turbo' - LOL.

Nevis said...

That is ADORABLE! My friend is going to teach me to knitt and one of the things I want to knitt are sweaters for Poley (and Rukia). Lynn needs to post directions!

Jessica said...

I cannot believe she made that! Wow! What talent! (and what a cute lil' model!!)

Bella and Perogi said...

Too adorable. He looks so handsome in his dino sweater. I'm trying to get my mom to knit perogi a sweater b/c he's a little fatty and never fits any of the ones i buy him.

Wendy said...

WOW! She did a great job:) Perfect for Turbo:) I also voted for Turbo for you!!

L~ said...

Hey everyone, thanks- the pattern came from the "Dogs In Knits" book by Judith Swartz. (The same pattern I used for striped sweater) I got the dino idea from another pattern, which I will not name by name, because it's poorly written and hard to follow. (And I've been knitting for 30 years so trust me on this).

To make the dinosaur spikes I used a double strand of yarn. Cast on 3, increased on on the beginning of every other row, for like 20 or 22 rows. Bind off and sew on. I think each spike I did was about 5" along the base, but YMMV.

It was fun making it, but boy did he use a lot of yarn! We'll have to get a better idea of his back measurement though. ;-)

FlipFlop Mom said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that is sooooooo adorable.. so adorable!! Ok.. does she make them for big baby yellow Labs??? LOL LOL LOL!! You're sister is awesome.. you're so lucky to have her!!

Pugalicious said...

he is stylin.. big time

Sandy said...

That sweater is perfect for OM Turbo!

Jessica said...

LOVE the sweater! I wish I knew how to knit more than scarves! hahahaha

Jemima Jones Beck said...

SO...STILL NO BOX HUH? I WONDER WHAT THE DARN PROBLEM IS THIS TIME? I PACKED IT AS UTILITARIANLY AS POSSIBLE TO MAKE SURE THAT IT DID NOT GET EATEN BY "THE MACHINE" AGAIN, AND I SHIPPED IT VIA UPS INSTEAD OF USPS...UGH. THE TRACKING HASNT CHANGED IN THREE DAYS...THIS BOX IS JUST BAD LUCK.
JEMIMA JONES BECK'S MOM

a boy a girl and a pug said...

lovin' the sweater!

Erin Ward said...

she made it?? i am so impressed! wow! it's SOO cute!

Shannon said...

OMG that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! LOL I love it so much! Good job sister!