Friday, January 11, 2008

Belle goes for a sleep over~

All Packed for the big Sleep-over... all her necessities...harness,leash,mediactions...also her snowman her favorite blanket.....





This morning I dropped Belle off at the Vet at 7:30am for her to have her knee surgery done to fix her Luxation Patella. Today they are doing her right leg because it is worse then her Left one. She will have her left knee done at another time. I hope this surgery helps. The Dr said it is a 90% fix....I hope so. This can get very painful having her knee slip out of joint she falls down a lot while walking and cries ..I mean CRIES!! she has had this going on long enough so it is time to get it fixed. She will be sore the next few days. But better than having her knees slip out of joint 1-3 times a day then having to drag her leg behind and in pain.



Belle receiving kisses from Willow just before she left to the vet....it is like Willow knew Belle was going to go have surgery today...I have NEVER seen Willow do that before...Ever!





Another reason why I decided to get their Paw Prints tattooed on me...when They are not around they are always on me.......

I will update once I hear from the Vet....

:UPDATE:

The Vet just called...Belle is now out of surgery and starting to wake up from her anaesthesia. She has some blood tests done before surgery and they all came back negative. She also had her ears cleaned, nails trimmed and Bless her hear she had her anal glands expressed...( I bet she will be happy to know that that did that while she was sleeping.) when I bring her to have that done she walks out of the exam room like she is embarrassed. so as of right now things are good and went well. In fact her right knee was really bad and they had to do a lot of carving to allow her joint to stay intact with out slipping. They tested her left knee and they said she will need to have that one done too. But at a later date to allow her right knee to heal. so maybe in the spring. Poor little Bug...I hate to have to see her have to go through this all over again. But it makes sense to do one at a time so she can get around easier. She will be there over night and may be able to come home tomorrow!
....I will keep updating you...

20 comments:

AM said...

I'll be praying for her!

Erin Ward said...

I hope everything goes well and poor Belle gets all better!
When did you get your tattoos?

Punchbugpug said...

Positive thoughts coming your way!

Priscilla said...

I'll be praying for your little darling. I've heard very good things about this surgery.

Let us know how she does.

monkeyface said...

Oh Belle, hope you recover quickly!!

Frankie had his neutering surgery yesterday.. so I'm feeling the same worries you are L.

Thinking of you all!! I'm all ears if you want to chat!
R.

kristie said...

awww, poor belle...i hope she feels much better after this surgery. that's awful that her knee slips out of joint that much.

Pam said...

Oh, poor Belle! I hope the surgery will help her. Let us know when you hear anything!

Magnolia Sun said...

Good luck Belle, let us know how she's doing.

Jessica said...

Here's to a speedy recovery!! Take care sweet Belle!

Pugalicious said...

Hope Belle is recovering nicely. She looks so tired. Take pics of her return too. I hope this works. Breaks my heart to hear her in pain.. poor little pea..best wishes and fast recovery to your pug pea

Unknown said...

Best of luck to Belle. Henry actually had this same surgery shortly after turning 1. I think the hardest part for us was the physical therapy. But the good news is that his knee cap has stayed in place over the last 4 years and he is as rough and tumble as he ever was. Best of luck to sweet little Belle.

Wendy said...

I am glad that she is doing okay! Give her some hugs from us, especially Lani, when you bring her home:)

Sandy said...

I am so glad to hear that all went well. I hate she has to do that again but I'm glad she is still young and can recover quicker. She is such a baby girl. I bet she will be so happy to see you tomorrow.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Poor Little Sweetheart. It will certainly be worth all this bother though. She's going to feel like a new Pug!

Leah said...

Thanks for the update! It makes me so nervous for any of these puggies to go through surgery, so I am glad to hear she is waking up. Hugs!

Nevis said...

*********HUGS********* from both Nevis and Napoleon. We totally feel for you. I'm SOOO glad that everything went well. Seriously...can't wait to see pictures of Belle back in action!

Frances Louise said...

YAYY! We are so happy Belle's surgery is over and that everything went well. Whew!

Archie and Melissa said...

Oh what a big day. I know how stressful surgery days are. please give Belle big hugs and kisses from me. Your photos are wonderful, and I was so happy to read your great update. She is a trooper! Willow and Belle are beautiful.
Melissa and Emmitt

Weeny&Daisy said...

Aww we are so glad that the surgury went well and that Belle receovers fast.

Peee Ess mummy loves your tattoos!

Love Weeny and Daisy xx xx

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Poor baby Belle! We're glad to hear it went well!