Sunday, November 12, 2006

A lot is changing in Willow and Belle's yard

Belle and Willow are checking out the new culvert that is going to be put in at the end of the driveway, The end of the driveway keeps getting washed out each time we get a heavy rain.
So this culvert will be put in to allow the rain water to run through it rather than wash out our driveway..........
Here is another thing going on..........See that big pile of DIRT? that is getting dumped behind our garage to extend our yard out....behind the garage is a big bank...a long way down and wasted space. We live next to a water treatment plant and they are having new pipes put in the ground and they are giving..yes I said giving us all the dirt that they dig up.! They are saving us HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS! all free! Just in time before the ground freezes.So next spring we will seed and put up a fence and make a nice yard.
All that dirt is now behind our garage....it is looking good so far......I will take pictures in the spring...it is sooooo muddy right now it is hard to get back there.
Look at the size of this truck!


3 comments:

Sandy said...

Lisa, that looks like really good soil for growing things in. I wish I had some of that dirt to fill in our pool! It's hard to imagine frozen ground. That doesn't happen here. It's so amazing to me how fast your spring/summer season is. Now, that I've known you for that amount of time it seems like it went so fast from being green and looking warm to being bare and looking cold! But it's still so pretty up there.

Anonymous said...

That's a whole-lot-a-dirt! It looks nice and "rich" (for dirt anyway - LOL) I love that first picture of Belle & Willow looking "inside". They are curious Puggie babies, aren't they :)

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I never knew what those tube - things were called. Blogging is educational!