Monday, November 27, 2006

To ALL my Canadian Friends out there!

I don't know about you all in Canada ....but it seems as if our coins get mixed up. I almost everyday have a coin given to me from a cashier that is a Canadian coin. I have so many of them in my console in my car and in my change bucket at home . we are able to us the Canadian coins in stores but our vending machines do not accept them..by any chance do our American coins get into your pockets as well??? if so are you able to use them in stores like us? Sandy? do they get down near you? I am wondering if we see them here because we are just about 3-4 hours which is about 350 miles away... to the Canidian/United States Boarder....... American Coins

VS

Canidian Coins

12 comments:

Priscilla said...

I'm in So California just 1 1/2 hours from the Mexican border. I get a few Canadian pennies now and then. I've seen 1 quarter and 1 dime in the last year or two. Mostly pennies and not all that often.

Leah said...

I don't think I have ever gotten a Canadian coin in Colorado.

Anonymous said...

I have american change in my cash drawer/till at all times at work. Just the pennies, dimes, nickles and quarters. They're accepted as is but bills all need to be converted. I even have some in my purse. They're accepted everywheres here. They don't work in our vending machines or pay phones though.

I love that you have toonies and loonies though :)

Sandy said...

I rarely get a Canadian coin. I see maybe one or two a year, if that. Sometimes I don't know I have one unless I put it in a vending machine and it spits it out!!

When I was in Vancouver on vacation a few years ago I didn't know what the exchange rate was and I was paying in American dollars and I just trusted that they gave me the correct change.

Anonymous said...

I rarely get american money as change. Once in awhile pennies or something, but can't say that bills or change are that common. Even doing cash at my other job, not much came through, thats so crazy that you get quite a bit though. Very interesting subject :)
Jodie aka cute one

Anonymous said...

We have lots of American coins up here-- we even had them when I lived in the Arctic. They don't work in vending machines but are taken at par everywhere else. It is fun to get them in my change.

Cheers,

Pyrite's peep

PS I once broke a vending machine in Maine by putting the wrong bill in it--- they all looked alike--- I was so embarassed!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Sadie...what are Toonie Loonies??

Anonymous said...

A Loonie is our one dollar coin named after the loon on one of it's faces. The Toonie is the two dollar coin, the coin with the polar bear with the loonie coloured chip in the centre and the silver colour as the outside ring.

Nic & Sadie

Ziz said...

I would have thought that being way up in Montana would mean I'd get the occasional Canadian coin -- but it pretty much never happens :P

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I have some Canadian coins all the way down here in Texas - mostly just the one that looks like the penny.

Anonymous said...

I have lived on both Coast - in Vancouver and now Halifax and we always get American Coins. We keep a change jar separate of American coins for the occasional trip south! No - our vending machines do not take your currency.

Anonymous said...

I don't get American coins very often - maybe once a month I'll get a nickel or a quarter. I try and give them to the store clerks - and sometimes they give dirty looks for it!