Friday, November 17, 2006

My Grandpap looking over us....

I lost my Grandfather a few years ago. Who I miss very much. (as I do my Grandmother too) My Grandparents have always had a love for birds especially cardinals. I get my Mother a gift that has something with a cardinal..such as a candle-holder, a stain glass suncatcher on what would be my Grandfathers Birthday (September 1st) When my Grandpap passed on he left me some money and I decided to get 2 trees planted. The day The tree was put in a Cardinal flew and sat on a branch...a few days later we saw a female cardinal We believe it was my Grandparents saying thank you for planting 2 tress in memory of them...so since this happened each time we see a cardinal we believe it is my Grandpap letting us know he is around watching over us.

Unlike a lot if people I like Tattoos...especially if there is a story behind it, I love to lean the meaning of someones tattoo.
I miss my Grandpap I know he is watching me and my family so I decided to show the world my Grandfather guiding me and my family as he looks over us from heaven..........a tattoo on my right shoulder I had done today....


Here is my Grandpap guiding us...watching over us from Heaven...As he holds us close on a necklace and the pendant on the neck lace represents My Husband, Myself embracing our 2 daughters. the circle of family love pendant.





Sorry Mom and Dad...I know how you feel about tattoos but this one means so much to me....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, its jodie, hoping I can comment...Oh my goodness, that is soooooooo BEAUTIFULL and I totally think a fitting location, the artists know best :) I'm sure you absolutly love it :) What a beautifull story behind it as well :) You'll always, always remember that story now no matter what, and everyone will know the love your family has for one another. LOOKS AMAZING HON :)

Ziz said...

beautiful tattoo lisa! what a special meaning behind it :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to see Tattos with meaning behind them, too! That makes them special, so much more then just "a tattoo". You know?
I really like yours...the bird holding your family in one circle...beautiful.
Your Grand daddy would be so proud.

Is this your first tattoo?
If so... did it hurt?

Anyways..... beautiful tattoo :) I am sure your parents think this one is an exception :-)

Anonymous said...

Lisa, that's so beautiful!! What a fantastic thing to do to honor your grandpa's memory. I lost my grandfather 5 years ago next week and I was just thinking about him before I read this,

Amazing choice - did you design it yourself or did you just explain what you wanted?

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Such a sweet story!

Anonymous said...

I love tattoos and have 3 of them myself. One of a cat, a bird, and another is a rose on my ear. My next at some point will be cameos of Bandit and Paisley on my shoulders.

I love your new tattoo, for the meaning and also cardinals are one of my favorite birds also. Whoever did it did a really nice job on it.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, that looks great!!

We've all been talking for months now about tattoos and I think that looks great. It's in a nice spot and has very good meaning behind it!

You'll always cherish it :)

Nic and Sadie

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors and great idea!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

L- that is so awesome- did Chris or Gina do it? (Mike? George???) I can't wait to see it on Thursday.


Just yesterday one flew across the road in front of me after I dropped M off at a friends. And of course I screeched out loud- Hi grandpap, I love you and miss you. I don't know why but I say it every time I see one of those birds. It's kind of comforting knowing they're flying around the neighborhood. I had a dream about him the other night too. Wierd.

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice tattoo. You're lucky to have had someone like your Grandpa in your life.