Thursday, November 30, 2006

Off to the Christmas tree Farm

Gee wizz it is that time of year already! Time to pull out the Christmas Decorations, Christmas lights for the yard and trees... and off to the Christmas Tree Farm and If I knew pets were allowd I would of brought the Pugs with me! we have come here the past few years and I never realized you can bring your family dog. Bummer I will have to remember this next year. It was so warm. which was nice after last years trip to the farm. Below zero temp and so much snow. No fun cutting down a Christmas Tree in a pile of cold snow... This year was nice. easy walking, the snow didn't cover the tree stumps of trees that were cut down...we all tripped over a few of them last year. LOL
At the Christmas Tree farm they have a train wagon that picks you up and brings you into the tree area gives you a saw...you walk and walk until you find the tree you want. OMG this can go on forever this place is sooo big! after you cut down your tree you drag it to the path where a hay wagon picks it up and loads it for you. you can ride back on the hay wagon if you choose or you can walk...we decided to walk back seeing how it was so nice out. There are a few cottages that are rentals for the summer but during the Christmas season they turn them into ...one is a Hot Cocoa and Hot cider cottage,another is store to buy Wreaths and ornaments, the other one is a Photo Cottage to get a Photo with Mr and Mrs.Santa Clause. so much to do there.. W swinging on the antique chairlift turned into a swing.............

Santa posing with us.................



W waiting for out Train wagon.....


Me and T on the train...............

Searching for the right Christmas tree....................
Still looking for the right Christmas tree...........
I never got a picture of the tree when we chose it...sorry but here is T dragging it to the trail for the hay wagon to load it for us. once they load it they bring it to that big red barn in the picture and the twine it and load it into your car or in theTruck for you.
Pugs checking out whats moving in for the next month.....
Wha Laaa! and you got a Christmas tree!
Do you notice the bottom is not decorated much??? I give you one guess why?

Willow and Belle can't seem to leave the ornaments alone! they kept taking stuff off the tree so I decided to take the ornaments off the bottom to be on the safe side....Silly Pugs....


7 comments:

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

That looks so fun! We don't have anything like it down here. I guess we could go cut down a palm tree, but I don't think it would be as much fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah-Ha! So that's how you all do it in New Hampshire! :) That looks like such a great experience each year to go out and pick out your tree..While still attached in the earth! You picked a pretty one, nice dep green! I love (LOVE LOVE) how you decorated it!!! Country/Classy just like your house!!! It looks AWESOME!!! Don't you wish Xmas lasted longer?? The tree starts to look so nice in the house ...I never want to take it down! Then it looks EMPTY without it!

Anonymous said...

Cute tree :) Great pics :) Looks like a fun day all around :) Can you send some of that warmth here? Our temps dropped last night and we woke up to like 3 degree celcius. Yesterday we woke up to 14 celcius. Ahhhh. Its comin'.
Jode

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks very nice. It should be on display in some department store window or something!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful Lisa! What a fun time of year isnt it? Looks like you guys had a great day picking out the tree.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful--I love your tree! Looks like lots of fun!

Sandy said...

I love your tree and that's funny about the puggies taking the oraments off. Your scenery up there is so pretty. I love seeing these pictures. I can relate to Brad wearing shorts!!