Saturday, June 03, 2006

Good Company.......Good Grits........

I don;t think I have ever used my computer with out the girls right by my side. They want to be with me at ALL times. whether it is me on the computer to using the bathroom. if I shut them out they will scratch at the bathroom to letting it known that They want in too. I don't know about you but I find it strange having a Pug sit and watch you while you go to the bathroom....anyway I like the company they give me while I am on the computer. All they do is sleep and snore away. Here they are in action today. We didn't think we would be able to use the computer today. We lost power for about 4 hours. but Thank God it came on. I guess a transformer blew at the Power plant down the road..so I was told. Cuz I know I paid my power Bill.LOL



Grits, Grits and More Grits........... I have to be honest...Grits are a bit Funky tasting. Now I know how they got their name. They are Gritty. Sandy Sent me a few recipes I thought about trying but I wanted to wean myself into them so I did the traditional way with salt and Lots of Butter......they are pretty Good. They remind me of cream of wheat......I think it is to much as a meal though maybe a side dish of them will be better. maybe I will add things to them. I will defiantly make them and eat them again. I just have to find the right way to make them. I think this will take time seeing how Grits are not found in our area. I found a grit casserole recipe that I am going to try next time. I don't know if this is what you can do or not but My Husband added Maple Syrup to them and loved them.......So Good Job Sandy...you helped make my Hubby Happy! I will let you know how my next Grits Challenge goes.
What are Grits made out of anyway???? I am guessing Corn?

14 comments:

Priscilla said...

So cute. I love your little pug sausages just hanging with their humans. Frank would do the bathroom thing too. Our bathroom has barely room enough for one so I always locked him out. There he would lay, breathing under the door and cry.

Anonymous said...

Coco is great computer company too! He likes to be by me always, I know what you mean about your Puggies. I think all dogs that are loved like we love our babies are like that!
I think we have the same Laptop! Mine looks just like yours. It's an HP. Is that was yours is?? Its a 17 in. so kind of big on my lap! I love it though. got to be plugged in though the battery is only good for an hour. I have a back up battery though so it comes in handy! You look very sporty today. loving the sweatshirt ;o)

Anonymous said...

When I said you look sporty today... I meant that as a GOOD thing . Just wanted to be sure you took it the right way!

;o)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, sorry! third post... but I have to add - Now we are laptop pals too!!! The list grows...

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Coco, you are too funny up It sounds as if we do have the same lap top, My battery is good for 2 hours fully charged. Brad got me this laptop for Christmas. I don't think I could ever go back to a desk top. I gave that one to my youngest daughter and my oldest we got her a new desktop. so we all have our own here..Good thing other wise it would be a big argument. As for my Sporty look haha this look is due to us not having power this morning and I though my hair into a messy bun and put on the hat. and this sweatshirt you like is so old. I think I got it like 3 years ago. I like it too. It is my Bumming around sweatshirt..besides it is rather chilly today..It is only 55* what happened to the sun and warmth??? I think it went over your way. can you send it back over???lol

Anonymous said...

Looks like I stole your warm weather! LOL It's near 100 today. I don't ever remember it being THIS hot so early into June. I'll send it back over to you by Monday.... LOL!I am glad you have the power back on, What a pain it is without it! Last winter it went out for nearly a whole day here. It was so cold too.. they finally got it up and running again that night at like 7 pm.
I like your sporty look ;o) W

Anonymous said...

Looks like I stole your warm weather! LOL It's near 100 today. I don't ever remember it being THIS hot so early into June. I'll send it back over to you by Monday.... LOL!I am glad you have the power back on, What a pain it is without it! Last winter it went out for nearly a whole day here. It was so cold too.. they finally got it up and running again that night at like 7 pm.
I like your sporty look ;o) W

Sandy said...

I love see the girls sitting there with you working on the laptop. Your couch looks so wonderful for lounging on and sleeping. It's pretty, too. My couch is not comfortable at all but we spent too much money on it when we bought it so we'll have to keep it a looonnnggg time to get our money's worth.

Grits are made from corn and the longer you cook them the less gritty they are but it almost a thing of not chewing them...they just slide down your throat! That sounds gross. But really, it's almost like mashed potatoes where you don't have to chew-chew them. But I don't care for oatmeal or corn bread so I think it's all in what you're used to or if you don't like a particular texture. But I think a lot of people don't like grits. But I don't like grits once they are cold. I guess you saw how they do when they get cold...yuck. Maybe if you cook more recipes you'll find something you like. I hope the sun comes out up there soon and you all get to your camping spot next weekend!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Thanks Sandy, Brad likes them on the Gritty side. I didn't mind them that way but I think I would like them better a little smoother. I will try again in the morning with our breakfast. Eggs, ham, home fries, fresh fruit and grits . As for this couch...it has been through alot. from Baby poop, to being thrown up on by the kids and dog drool, it is almost 8 years old. We are thinking on getting a new set but are debating whether or not because of the dogs. But if we did it will have to be another dark color because I love my Pugs sitting with me at night.

Sandy said...

Hey, that breakfast sounds yummy. We aren't going to get a new couch for years because of the pugs. We would like one that has a recliner built in it. I love the way Belle is holding your hand there at the computer.

Dave said...

Happy babies on the couch:) Your girls look like they are enjoying a nice rest! Pyrite and our two cats love to lounge with us on the couch. Unfortunately, Pyrite insists on pushing the meows off so she can have one on one time with me!

Anonymous said...

If I go to the bathroom without Alfred, he lays on the floor right outside the door, flattens himself down as much as he can and does this weird snorting thing.

Chandra said...

I had cheese grits this past weekend when we stayed in Atlanta with our friends dad. He cooked us breakfast. I had tried regular grits before eeww. but cheese grits with sugar yummy! It must be a southern thing. They even serve fish and grits there.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»