she also is going to start Allergy injections for all her allergies. She is so young and has gone through so much in her 18 months of life...so if shots and glad removal help her feel better I will do it. the shots will be a life long treatment. I said that the shots wont be an issue because we have to give our oldest daughter injections every night...( she was diagnosed with Pituitary Dwarfism , Her bones stopped growing at the age of 7 so we are giving her Bone growth Hormone to stimulate her bones to grow right now she is almost 13 and her bones are at the age of a 7 year old...when finished with 3 years of treatment she should be 5 feet ) anyway this will be a post for another day.......to much detail to talk about now........ so Giving willow her allergy shots shouldn't be a problem here . Brad and I spent 5 hours at the Doctors office learning how to give T her injections So I think giving them to Willow will be alright.
I never liked to see an animal with a CONE I always thought of it being cruel.But if it is needed it is needed and unfortunately Willow needs one....Pyrite you are not alone! I will be your Cone Buddy! I feel so bad for her but she can't lick her bottom with her medication on it. and it won't heal if she keeps doing the licky thing, I told my daughters that they can decorate it for Willow. to make it look more girly. she looks so sad. I think she knows when someone laughs at her. She needs a navigation unit in it because she runs into the walls and chairs with it. I let her know that it is okay, and it is going to take time to get the hang of it. I take it off for her to eat and during and when we go for a walk...it bounces when she walks and it bothers her. so when she is hanging around the house I put it on her just to make sure she wont lick....Ahhhh I feel so sad for her. she looks pittiful.so anyway we have a lot of thinking to do....I will be sure to let you know what we decide.
On our way to the Vet.............
At the vet....................
waiting for Dr. Fisher............
Still waiting for Dr. Fisher.....he must of had a full schedule today! Long wait....
Yup....Still ......W A I T I N G ......
Willow said we could of waited even longer if she knew this was going to happen to her!.................
Poor Willow..........
Pyrite Willow knows how you feel.................

11 comments:
Oh it makes me so sad to see sweet Willow. Her little head showing through the cone like that, what a sweet baby. She knows it will only help her. I am sure you will make the right decision on whatever you decide for her. If the surgery will make her better forever, that is WONDERFUL. I know your concerns though any mom would have them about surgery. She'll pull through this!
When did they tell you they'd know on wether or not surgery is needed?
I see your multi-color toes in one of the pictures! I like ;o)
Is T your daughter that has to take injections everyday? Tell her I said way to go on being so brave to do that eachday and that she is Beautiful.
Stay strong over there guys........... This time will pass and Willow will be back to normal..........
Oh Willow! We feel you pain here in Sudbury. That is a very huge cone on your head and Pyrite said it sucks to keep running into doorframes and walls. Hope you feel better soon and try not to lick your butt it will only make it worse. Hugs from P-dawg!
Oh Lisa and Willow! I'm so sorry that you had a day like that. I know how stressful it is not knowing what to do and what's wrong. Of course you will do what's best - no one would ever doubt that. We need to take care of our girls (even the human ones) and you are doing a great job.
Hugs and Kisses from all of us here! Hang in there and let us know what happens.
Poor Willow! I'm sure she'll do fine with whatever you decide to do. Chloe has some anul gland issues, but NOTHING like Willow. Ugh...I'd have a hard time with the shots every day thing..YIKES!!! Good thing your T's mom and not me!
Poor Willow, you look so sad. I'm sure your Mom and family will take good care of you. Feel better soon
Aww. I feel so bad for Willow. That's got to be embarrassing for her to have so much attention drawn to her private areas. The surgery sure does sound like a good idea now!
( and to your daughter, I am 5ft 2inches, one advantage to being shorter is having a great excuse to ask for help with reaching higher up items, and its easier to find hiding places when you play hide and go seek!)
I hope Willow is ok and gets better. I am needing to find out some things about training. Sorry to post here but I don't have a lot of Pug owners read my blog and I know you do. I got a pug this weekend. Yea!!! His name is Sixer. My problem is this, I put him in a crate at night, let him out at 4:30am and 6:20 am. Put him back in the crate at 7am until I come home for lunch at 11 and back in the crate until I go home at 4:30. I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for him being in the crate. Does anyone think it will be ok to put him in the crate at night and then in a bathroom with the door closed during the day? Will this mess up potty training. He will probably potty during the day in the bathroom where as he doesn't if he is in the crate. Please email me at lovelikechrist@hotmail.com or visit my blog and leave a message in the tag. Sorry to post this here but I really need some advice.
Cone heads are hysterical. I know they are humiliated but I can't stop laughing anyway.
What a great idea about decorating the cone.
Can't wait to see the pics.
Oh, Poor Willow baby. I think whatever you can do to get her relief is what you should do. If that means surgery and no lasting bad effects from it, then I'd do it. Poor girl. Chichi had to wear the cone when her eye was hurt and h-a-t-e-d it. But you have to make them suffer sometimes. I hope she feels better soon. I like seeing your travel to the vet's office. Glad you all finally got some sunshine.
Oh your poor girl Willow. And you dear sister. I hate to even bring this up, but is Terri or whatever her name is aware of the issues Willow is having? I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you, given the frequency and assortment you're dealing with.
I saw somewhere online someone who made a soft cone with fabric, stiff interfacing and corset bones. It was quite stylish and likely easier to get around than the plastic cones. I have the cone from when Cosi had his eyes done and can try to figure something out if you want.
And big hugs to my T-bean. Being little is ok and when she makes it to 5' she'll still be taller than Mimi.
Chin Up Willow...uhm.. if you can tell which way is up in that thing. Believe me, I know what it's like, I've had to wear the dreaded cone too (see pic)...I feel your pain!
Duke Out
Post a Comment