Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Here is a Fuchsia I bought the other day...My other plants arn't looking too good...I think they got to much water during our 3 weeks of rain... I brought all 3 of my 4 legged kids out for a walk tonight It looks as if Willow is saying to Miles...I will get in the water if you do!
Willow and Belle panting after a long walk........Man the Black flies are awful! I am full of black fly bites.
Willow seems to be doing well her Bumm is just about all healed up. That ointment works great.... it is some kind of steroid cream and she is also on Cephalexin pills for her antibiotic. she seems more comfortable. I am still on the fence whether or not to pursue the surgery.....I am rather nervous about going through with it...Brad and I are going to talk with the vet who will be doing the surgery if we decide. I just want to know everything there is to know about it. My only fear is that I have heard that some who have had this type of surgery lose their ability of controlling their bowels. ....if this is the case maybe PunchBugPug will have to make Willow some cute diapers.....lol. anyway still undecided this is going to take time I think........

10 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

It sure is wet by you! It hasn't rained at all this week. I love Fuschia's but never have had good luck with them...green thumb and all!

Can your vet recommend anything other than surgery for Willow? My vet says you really can't just have the glands expressed on schedule. Chloe has some issues, but not nearly as bad as Willow. I always am nervous of surgery too and my vet said he preferred not to do it unless necessary. So, when I ride in the car with Chloe I ALWAY have a towel in my lap!

Yeah, I can make lots of pretty diapers, but let's hope that isn't necessary!

Anonymous said...

Those Fuschias are beautiful, so unqiue looking! I don't think I have seen too many of those. After the rain we had a few weeks back - I know what you mean - Lots of my bright PINK flowers started to not look so good.........

I am so glad to hear Willow is healing up and doing better. I personally would do as much as possible not to do the surgery just b/c that is a frightening thought but if neccessary and will help her through her whole life then that is a big plus. But if on the surface treatments can be used I like that better! You will make the right decision whatever you decide, and sweet Willow will be fine ;) I know it! She sure looks VERY Happy!! I love the picture of her and Miles. too cute...........

Sandy said...

That fuschia is beautiful. I didn't know that's what that plant was called. That's a lot of green grass and water up there.

I hope Willow heals up and this doesn't happen so often. I didn't realize that it could cause them to lose control of the bowels if it went wrong. I need to tell my parents because they are planning on getting their "belle" done.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

PunchBug, Thank you for your concern. we are actually going in to talk with the vet about other options as for the gland schedule....we just go when Willow does her spin dance and scoots...she makes her own schedule...LOL

Coco,Thanks for you thoughts and concerns. I thought you would like the fuschia plant..Do you have them over your way????

Sandy,Ya those are Fuschias...One of my favorites..The water you see in the green grass is actually from someone driving a tractor through the field the ground id so wet from the rain the tractors tires sunk into the ground..The dogs think it is great especially Miles he is such a water dog......

Anonymous said...

Call Andy and see about getting an appt with him about Willow and her issues. I know he's a ways away from you but he sees more pugs than any other breed at his office because of the work with the rescue.

If you need his number again let me know.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Aw thank you Sis. it is a long way but maybe his oppinion is worth the trip. Besides maybe this will get us together for an afternoon. I will call you for his Number. actually I think we still have it from when we watch Cosi for you... Thanks you again. Give Cosi a big Hug from me and is Human cousins.

Anonymous said...

Oh you are very welcome. I am thinking about you and Willow! Hang in there. She looks so happy. It the creame is helping and will continue to, then that is wonderful. I will pray that she doesn't need the surgery. Know that you are in my thoughts!

Fuschias are one of the plants that haven't POPPED up around here. And you know that is the *only* way I get pretty flowers. Since my green thumb decided to "quit" a long time ago!

Anonymous said...

Lisa...sorry to contact you on a this comment page, but my dad's e-mail won't let me send any e-mails...crazy. No package at the door today...Boo:( talk to you soon...sandy

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful Fuschia. Too hot for me to grow them here. At least outside and I have no inside plants, yet.

I'm happy to hear that your baby's bottom is better. Poor dear. It must be miserable for her.

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful Fuschia. Too hot for me to grow them here. At least outside and I have no inside plants, yet.

I'm happy to hear that your baby's bottom is better. Poor dear. It must be miserable for her.