Wednesday, January 17, 2007

And ........She's off!

Whitney's new ice skates!! After having -4 below Zero..it is pretty darn cold out..it hurts your face, it is sooo cold when you jeans touch your legs...you stiffen your muscles so tight! and it hurts to breath it is so cold! but an 8 year old could care less.....Freezing cold out but one happy little girls being able to ice skate!
She hasn't skated since last year...so on the safe side I told her she needed to wear her snowboarding helmet....good thing because she has taken a few diggers! she will have a sore bottom and knees tomorrow I bet!
Good Job Whit~Bit! I have hot cocoa ready for you when you ocome in!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

blogger sucks, but i got your blog updated now, LoL :) sorry :( but yay :) go whitney, i'd be right out there with her, that looks so fun :) it was windchill -22 yesterday, so frickin' cold man, but meh, welcome to mr.winter, guess he decided to show his face :)
jodie
http://cutebloggingirl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lisa, are you joining my pug group?

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! My dad used to grind the bottom toe pick off my skates because I used to trip over them and I refused to wear 'boy skates' (hockey skates). Ah, to be young enough not to care about the cold... (as I sit in front of the fire)

Punchbugpug said...

Sign her up..."stars on ice". I SO loved to skate at her age and forever! Except when I broke my tailbone in college playing broom hockey with the boys!

Anonymous said...

I like the skating rink- sure looks like fun. I love the recent pet pics as well. Pyrite needs a bath soon too. I am going to wait until it warms up as we are currently in a deep freeze up here
!

Have an awesome trip and hope
Willow and Belle are on their best behaviour while you are gone.

Anonymous said...

Awww Whitney! You rock! You look like you are having a BALL! Have your big sis join ya next time :) (I bet she is like me though....not daring to do out in that cold weather!)

So Lisa...
is my FREEZING 40* weather we have had lately....kinda "warm" for you???
LOL!
I can't imagine below zero temps...I think I would freeze.... I give you big props for handling it!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Leah....yep that is not cold to me...it was -4 below zero this morning.... I better get used of it.I think it is here to stay for a while....Brrr...
Florida is looking better everyday!
I hope CA warms up for you! What does COCO think of the cold air?

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Where is that ice? I've been on skates about 3 times in my life at the mall. When I was little I was so mad there wasn't a rink in our town because I was just sure I was going to be a figure skater when I grew up!

Sandy said...

that looks like F-U-N! And right in your own backyard...how much better could it get? Those skates are nice. I tried it twice but never got the hang of it...I'm a chicken. It looks cold, cold there. How long did W stay out there?

Priscilla said...

Oh fun, oh fun, oh fun!

My cousins in Ottawa made a little rink similar to this. They played hocky and would gather a few boys over to loosen each other teeth.

I loved it when I visited. I learned to skate on it!