Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Belle's Big Day!

Willow wishing her lil sis a Happy Birthday............ We have a sleepy Birthday girl..she just woke up... Rough being a Birthday Princess Pug .... When I ordered Belle's cake the woman asked what I wanted it to say....I said Happy Birthday Belle...I spelled it out for her B~E~L~L~E..she said WHAT? I said B~E~L~L~E ! she said BELLE? I said YES B~E~L~L~E! Belle! she took back the cake and scribbled Belle on the cake and slid it back at me and the frosting got smashed on the plastic...I was not impressed with her mannerism at all....UGH anyway as I turned away from the bakery I hear someone say Hello..It was my Husbands friends Andy..as we talking he looks over at the cake and says Belle? who's Belle? I said Our Pug? He looks at me and snickers and smiles and said Belle your Pug? I said yes ..No need to go on I am sure you can figured it out........ as I was checking out I see a Mother of a child that my daughter went to school with a few years ago...she said..."oh who's having a birthday? I said Belle...she doesn't know Belle from the man on the moon..she said Belle? I said Yes Belle..thinking to myself here we go again!) she said I thought your girls names are T and W....I said ya that's their names...she said so who's Belle....( okay thinking to myself...okay do I dare tell her I am buying this cake for my pug? or should I say it is for my friends daughter? a total lie... only us Pug,maltee,boston ect Dog Bloggers understand this type of thing!) so anyway the woman talking to me was distracted by the cashier and thank goodness I didn't have to explain the Birthday cake..Not that I'm am ashamed but like I said only us Bloggers understand...

So here is the Birthday cake that got so much attention...... See how she slapped on Belle's name?
New toys...a Kong bone and a Stretchy squeaky dog...


This cake sure did cause a lot of attention but it was worth it.....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle looks like she LOVES her cake!
OK. What a bunch of loon~a~tics. People like that annoy me.
No need to make such a big deal out of it! So what, you are getting your baby Puggie a cake. I think it is great and would do the same thing!
You are so right!
Bloggers understand! Others don't!
That lady didn't do such a nice job on Belle's name! Its like BELL with a little 'e' added on.
I think her name is BEAUTIFUL! It could have been written with a lot more beauty/ease!
I can see it TASTED GREAT though for Belle! :)

Do you say her name as you would "Bell"? With the added E.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Yes..it is prounounced like Bell...I thought the E on the end made it look more like a name rather than an instrument....lol

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Non-dog people just don't get it. I used to be one of those! I'm happier now!
Happy birthday princess!

Anonymous said...

what a jack ass that women was, slappin' her beautifull name on the cake like that, witch!!
but hey, in the end, it just got chewed up & slobbered over, so not so big a deal!!! & honestly, only bloggers understand about gettin' a puppy a cake ((not that we ever get one for our dog or cats)) but hey, just wait till i get my own little girl dog, she'll be just as spoiled as every other bloggin' dog out there :) some people are just so rude. its just like describing that i have friends all over the place, whom i've never met but know so much about, people look at me sideways like i have 4 heads, i'm like, no, they're my blogging friends, they're amazing & we love each other so much :) gah, some people, missin' out on the good life ;)
jodie
http://cutebloggingirl.blogspot.com

Leah said...

What a beautiful birthday girl!!!
Aren't you glad we all have each other to "talk" to and understand one another? I thought I was the only crazy dog person until I met you guys. And I am so thankful for you!

Sandy said...

Yeah...human cake for the pugs!!! I would like a piece of that cake sent overnight FEDEX to me!! Just kidding!!! I love the picture of her putting that cake in her mouth. Looks like a good day for every one. I hate that the bakery lady was snarly...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BELLE!!! Oh you look like a little princess! Cute baby! Pug kisses from us!

Punchbugpug said...

Heh, every year I have gotten cakes for mine and I when people I ask I say...for my Pug. I have been lucky and everyone always says "how sweet". Heck, they know we're eatting it too! Anyhow, that cake looks fab!!!! Looks like Belle sure did enjoy it all!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Belle had a great birthday. Can't believe it has been a year already. Your girls are all beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Aww, Happy Birthday Belle. We've always celebrated our pet's birthdays but with personal cake's just for them out of pet friendly ingredients. Even our hampster way back when. Mia hasn't had any of our food yet. I didn't think they could have cake and ice cream. Oh, I have so much to learn from you guys.

Anonymous said...

I think BELLE is sooo much more posh than just Bell :)
I love her name.

I love your Project 365~~2007!

I will be VERY Proud of you if you keep that up for ALL 365 days! :)

Puggyspice said...

Happy belated birthday, gorgeous Princess Belle! That cake looks mightly tasty.