Saturday, January 06, 2007

On this Day 11 years ago.....

On this day 01/06/96 eleven years ago my life changed. It changed because I married my wonderful Husband. We decided on a very small wedding, nothing elaborate. Just simple. I didn't want a traditional wedding dress.( I still have it, it is at my Mom's) It is hard to explain but you will see different pictures of it on my montage. I tried a few WEDDING dresses on but..Ehh..It was to much dress for such a small wedding. My sister was my Maid of Honor Brads Friend Brian was his Best man. Tori was our flower girl ( she was 2 years old and not feeling well she had her tonsils out a week and a half before our wedding ... the day after Christmas) she was a trooper. I ended up carrying her down the isle with me...She cried and threw her basket of rose peddles on the floor right before she was to walk down...she pitched a fit and cried so I carried her, her basket, my bouquet of flowers and had my Fathers arm as he walked "US.. Tori and I" down the isle. It worked out just fine as I approached the alter I handed Tori to someone on in the front to hold... all went well...we exchanged our vows that we wrote ourselves...had a nice dinner with our 30+ guests. My Husbands aunt makes wedding cakes so she made us our cake and i thought since we were having a winter wedding I went with a Ginger bread cake with Cream cheese frosting....Delishhhhh!
we went to the White Mountains for our Honeymoon . just for a few nights because of Tori just having surgery. She stayed with Bradley's Mom and Dad. It seems as if we just went through this...it doesn't seem like it was 11 years ago we got married...we have been together a total of 17 years and it seems like yesterday we were just teenagers with curfews. I guess time does fly when you are having fun....


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 11 years! I hope you have a great time on your trip. I was the same age as T when my parents got married but I didn't get to be the flower girl :( Gramma said I was too young. I'm glad you made it work she'll treasure it.

And thanks for stopping by my blog.

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are a good looking couple and I love your wedding pictures. Your dress is beautiful. Miss T looked like a little doll. I love the way you had your hair styled in your wedding pictures. I hope you two have a great day today!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved all your pictures, ya'll looked great.

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Anniversary to you & brad :) you looked so pretty on your wedding day & so different, those pics throughout the years are great to see :) Tori was a little sweetheart, what a trooper standing up for mommy & daddy even though she wasn't feeling quite too good!! I'm sure it was a beautifull day lisa & here's to 50 more spent with the love of your life & your beautifull family :) congrats!
jode
http://cutebloggingirl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Lovely pictures - I like the 'Frosting Kiss' one the best.

Leah said...

Happy Anniversary Lisa! Hope you two have a wonderful trip to Florida!

Punchbugpug said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your dress was beautiful...was it velvet? Loved the photo show!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! I love your wedding dress...you are right...not traditional, but soooo Perfect! It reminds me of you for sure :)
Happy Anniversary Brad & Lisa!!!!!!!!!! And many, many more! :)

Puggyspice said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Have a great trip and bring back pics to share here :)

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Thanks you all!
Punchy, Yes the Black section of my Dress was velvet. the top was Satin and Lace. When I first saw it on me I felt like a Penguin...but I ended up Loving it.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You look so good together! Kisses from us! Addy & Ronin

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the slide show!!!! Yall are very cute together.

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Have a wonderful time on the trip in a couple weeks!

BTW - I love the wall paper in that Christmas picture - I've got "swirlies" as I call them all over my house