
We have noticed Willow has not been herself today....she has been having a lot of the Inverted reversed sneezes alot today with coughing and junk in her throat. she also has fur standing up on end along her spine as if she see is scared of something. Now at 11:30 at night she is trembling off and on? Hummm makes me a bit on the edge more now that she is trembling...... I put her in bed with us around 10:30 and I noticed her trembling more than before....so here I sit Googling symptoms on this behavior as Willow rests beside me. I found nothing really on this....she seems to be better at the moment. I wonder if she got into something she shouldn't of.....or if it is something she found in the trash at the Camper....or if something is stuck in her throat? Has anyone experienced like this with their fur kids? I just worry maybe to much. I am one of those neurotic Pug Owners who want the best for them. Maybe I worry too much maybe it is nothing.....But I will call the vet tomorrow morning if she is still acting like this....also do any of my Pug Friends Pug's have reversed sneezing often? you know what I mean right??? when they struggle to inhale air thought their nose like it is plugged up and make a funny noise? Willow does this often but not like today she has done it like 10 times today...
Up date Willow seems to have stopped trembeling......she must be having a happy dream. :0)

8 comments:
Aw, feel better Willow! I hate it when one of mine is sicky. =(
Yep-That is called a Reverse Sneeze. I talked to my vet about this. Coco does it on and off. He said It is nothing to worry about, it is very common for 'Toy' breeds.
Coco does it maybe once in a few days. But funny you'd mention this........ I think it was Friday. when Coco had like 5 in a row!!!!! I freaked out. That hadn't happened before. He seemed to have something stuck in there. He stopped though after a while. My vet told me (and I have read this on some sites too) that when they do this, you are supposed to blow into their nose. That gets the air going back in the right direction. I do that every time he has a reverse sneeze and it immeditialy stops it. But Friday it didnt stop it which made me worry. But after about 5 rounds he was fine. I gave him a little bone to chew on and he was fine.
we all worry about our babies! Its what Mommas do :) Some call me Neuotic.......
Zoey does that reverse sneeze thing also. The first time she did it I ran around the house with her like a nut. Then I emailed my Puggy friends and they told me how to handle...just like coco says...blow in their nose, works everytime. I have to say she hasn't done this much at all lately. Hopefully growing out of it! I noticed they were always worse when she had some kind of chewy treat like a greenie or a dental bone, so I stopped giving those to her too. Hope Willow is feeling okay. Maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her in that "camp garbage episode"!
Gidget does that alot also. In fact, one time mom and dad were so worried they actually rushed her to the emergency room, just to find out it was nothing. Better safe than sorry though. We didn't know about the blowing in her nose thing though, we'll have to try that next time. Personally, I think she just does it to get attention.
We hope everything turns out OK with Willow.
Duke
Meimei does it a lot too (Miko hasn't ever) and we read once that if you plug their nose until you feel them swallow it stops it. Meimei tends to do it when it's really dry - but she did have a couple of "episodes" on Friday too! Usually in the middle of the night too.
I hope poor Willow is feeling better! I bet she did get into something that wasn't agreeing with her! Keep us updated and give her many kisses from Meimei and Miko!
Hope Willow is feeling better! That reverse sneezing stuff is scary--Daisy used to do it more often but has not done it in a while. I definitely freaked out at first! Let us know how your little girl is, please...
My Sugar and Chichi do it the most here...I didn't know about blowing back in their nose either. I'll have to try that. I hope she gets better. The trembling almost sounds like fever...but who knows? I tend to freak-out about things right away and I've rushed to the vet so many times that now I'm more cautious about going right away unless it's something like what Baxterman did when he kept falling down and knuckling his paws.
Alfred reverse sneezes a lot. Our vet said we could give him children's benadryl ( I dont know the dose) if it got bad.
About the trembling, Alfred does that if we burn something in the kitchen. THe smell of burning or smoke really freaks him out. I think he must have been in a fire before we adopted him.
Post a Comment