Wednesday, July 05, 2006

We are back!

We were at our camp all week. loads of fun! I will post a few different things we did through out the week...



Belle resting on her Daddy.............
Belle's sweet face..............
Belle and Willow enjoying their morning of cool air..it sure was warm!
Here is W with her first Lobster ever..a friend of ours had a Clam Bake this past Sunday at their camp site...Lots of fun..a lots of laughs.......W was so excited to have her own lobster. I really had a feeling she was not going to like it.......I told her to try it if she didn't like it she didn't have to eat it. I showed her how to use the cracker ( she called them Pliers the whole time..(lol) she got a kick out of pulling off the legs and claws......
Her first bite......holding it back.......trying so hard to swallow.......
Come to my surprise after seeing her reaction to her first bite..she ate almost the whole lobster! She loved it.....The down fall is she woke up the next morning with a swollen face...puffy eye lids and a rash! so I think she had a reaction to it....or maybe the steamers she tried as well...so maybe she has an allergy to shell-fish.....she didn't have a hard time breathing but I am going to mention it to her Doctor during her 8 year check up this week. So no more shell fish until we check into it.
T is not to sure about eating the lobster buut she had no problem posing with it!
T did try it but she didn't like it....She tried...... :(

8 comments:

Ziz said...

hah -- that last picture is soooo cute! :) I'm so glad you guys had an awesome week! :D

Punchbugpug said...

Wow, I'm with T...they look creepy. Actually, I do like Lobster, but not whole ones. The hubby ordered me a whole one once and when they brought it to the table, I left! HAHA

Anonymous said...

SOOOO glad you're back! What a blast you guys had. That lobster sure looks delicious. Way to go to your girls for trying it! Little Belle is too cute on her daddy's CAMO shorts!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't do shellfish at my own discretions, just not for me. Glad you all had a great time. Weather here has been raining again and humid. Not was the puggies enjoy that is for sure.

Jo Jo said...

Happy to hear you had a great time. Pupsters are so cute sleeping away and enjoying the weather :) Great pics!!!

Dave said...

Yummy lobster! Good call on keeping W from shellfish till you check it out--

The kayaking looks awesome- we love getting out in our boats and hope Santa does drop some off to you guys.

I am sure Willow and Belle will enjoy it! It took Pyrite a bit to get comfy but now she is a pro as long as it is not too wavy

Priscilla said...

Oh yes. Sures sounds like a reaction to shellfish although maybe not an allergy. (My ped says there is a difference) My mother is horribly allergic to shell fish and does have to list this as many medical things have iodine and other things in them. Good to check it out.

Anonymous said...

LOL, reminds me of a certain younger sister who got campers stew on a trip to Maine. I think Mom still has that picture somewhere with the surprise on your face when you finally got a lobster. Or as you called them, lompster. Oh dear, am I telling family stories!?

And OMG, I so cannot believe how much T looks like B's mom in the picture where she's holding the lobster. I'm like, wow, that's a little version of S.

I'll have to take some pics of the girls we're watching until August. One of them is a fat version of Cosi ;-)