Sunday, July 09, 2006

Found and Home safe!

T is at the side door and said quietly...Mom Alex is at the side door on the deck. I said OK. I will go out the front door and go around and I will try to get him...as I did he Bolted down the back again! I was like UgH! I told T a plan I had...I told her to stay inside and let me try to do try something different...so here I am alone in the dark with my pinky size flash light sitting in the pool stairs sitting as still as could be ( hard when you have Adult ADD LOL)as I sat still I could hear crinkling in the woods behind the pool.... Ekkk. I thought to myself ahhh finally he is coming up to the deck for the tuna...I kept hearing it....and no Alex so I moved to the side of the garage and sat against the garage door and I heard it again....so as I am hearing the crinkling in the woods to my left I catch a movement to my right to my surprise it was ALEX! I tried to sit as still as I could be as I watched Alex walk the perimeter of the house following the sent of Tuna as he got to the deck with tuna I left the door open hoping he would go in...he sat and ate the tuna..I snuck up on him and grabbed him and brought him in to T... then I was overpowered with a funky smell..........He got SPRAYED BY A SKUNK! can you believe it? so we check him over he is loaded with Burdocks and is so dirty. and had pine pitch all over his fur...So I guess he is off to the Groomers again for another funny haircut! I took a picture of him with T but My battery died so I can't post it.so now T is so Happy...so happy she woke up W to share the news..so here it is midnight and both my daughters are up having a grand ol time in the basement with Alex....they keep coming up for fresh air. I told T that he needs to stay in the basement area until he gets a bath. so they are downstairs making a kitty condo for him with a bed, food, water and litter box. Pew Eeee he is smelly! I hope Bailey's kitty returns home soon. Their Kitty snuck away too.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I saw your first post right now (I saw there were many so I read the ones posted first and didnt even see this one that Alex was found) so I read your first post that he was lost FIRST. I was about to cry. That was so sad, I couldnt even imagine. Alex is a very cute kitty too! Then I scroll up, see he was spotted (Small sigh of relief there) and THEN I saw this post that he is home SAFE and sound (BIG SIGH OF RELIEF) Thank God! I am SO happy for you and your girls! Your plan worked. Too bad he got sprayed by a skunk though! Yuck! But all that Matters is that he is HOME, SAFE. Thank God!!! You can all sleep easy tonight. Give him extra love from me and a belly rub. I hope kitties like Belly rubs like dogs do. I am So happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!! HRRAY!!!

Anonymous said...

And I forgot to say:

GOOD LUCK WISHES AND MANY TAIL WAGS TO LITTLE BELLE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! She'll do just fine :o) She'll get lots of extra loving tomorrow from mommy thats for sure!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! So happy to hear Alex has found his way home safe and sound...a little stinky but safe and sound :)

I adore the picture of Willow using Belle as a pillow. I want so badly to find a play mate for Sadie but I just don't have the funds for it for it or the living space so hopefully in a few years.

Jo Jo said...

YAY alex, good kitty for coming home, not so good for escaping and playing with skunks. Good luck to little belle, i'm sure she'll pull through like a champ & willow will take good care of her :) Looks like another fun weekend at the lake :)

Sandy said...

I am so glad Alex found his way home. Yucky about the skunk and good thing he's going to get a new hair-do! He had his few days of freedom and got skunked!!!