T trying to feed Belle ice..She wouldn't drink anything earlier but now she is.....Good thinking T! Ice did the trick!
For some reason Blogger is posting this picture sideways. I took this picture of her this afternoon. she is a little bit more Bright eyed than last night. she is still a bit off balance but seems to be more herself but not quite. I gave her just a lil bit of breakfast but she didn't want it. T followed her around with water trying to get her to drink. she didn't want that either. so T had the idea to give her an Ice Cube. She licked that a few times...she then played a little bit then slept for a few hours under the couch. after awhile she drank a lot of water. then I tried to feed her. I gave her a 1/2 cup of dry kibble. she ate maybe half of it then threw it all up...Yuck. I made the girls egg sandwiches and she was begging for a bite so I let her lick the bowl of egg. she licked it clean! so then I put a few pieces of kibble and a TBLS of wet food on the plate and she ate that and so far she has kept it all down. she also had her Cephelexen which she thinks is a tasty treat..only if she knew it was her medication...LOL I will never tell! LOL I brought her out for a little walk but she was still off balance so I held her as I walked Willow. I hope she won't get used of that idea ! They say...Never walk your dog farther than you can carry it home! LOL

3 comments:
Ice is a great idea! Way to go T! Coco loves ice. I'm glad she drank for you after a while, that is a wonderful sign, water does a body good! And that is great she ate and kept it downm I bet that egg flavoring got her going! As time goes on she will only get better and better!!! She does look a LOT more open-eyed today, a LOT! If I didnt know she had her Spay yesterday, by the looks of that Upside down (lol!) picture, I would have never guessed she ad surgery the day before! She looks adorable. Give her a belly rub for me! She deserves it :)
Im glad Belle did well with the surgery. Alfred LOVES eggs. I used to let him lick my plate after I had eaten eggs. That was before I married Jason though, I dont think he would let me do that now!
She must of still had a bit of anesthesia left in her system when she threw-up. Food and it don't mix from what I understand. Glad she is eating now. Needs to get her nourishment.
Post a Comment