skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Question
When I picked up Belle at the vet tonight she was Still very groggy and trembling ..to the point it frightened me. I asked the technician who brought her out to me about it and she said it is all apart of coming out of anaesthesia...5 hours later she is still trembling.... shaking off and on. I don't remember this happening with Willow...has anyone noticed this with their Dog after a spay or any kind of surgery? Just curious....I know the tech told me that this was normal but it makes me nervous. :(
7 comments:
with piggys surgeries in general it has taken a long time for him to get back to normal. Lots of moaning, shaking, scratching at the floor and whining was normal for him. :)
Ok, I just did some googling and found a pet forum and it was talking about S/N surgeries and there were posts about it saying "allow up to 24 hrs" for the anesthetic to go out of the bloodstream, sometimes longer. Now this is just a "forum" so I guess its like a bunch of us bloggin folks talking and replying to questions, but I looked around some sites that were on google once I typed this is, and thats about what it all said.
I would think it would take some time too. Believe me...You know I would be just like you! Its hard to see your little one not as active, but I'm sure she'll be just fine before you know it!
I know that when I was "knocked out" for dental work a few years ago (and this was just a LOW Anesthetic too!) I was not the same that entire day. Then all of a sudden, it just kind of HIT me and I felt pretty much back to normal. I would think its different for every dog too, you know? I bet by morning little Miss Belle will wake up, and run around with Willow like normal!!! Anyways, heres the forum I found on google. It looks like you can type in questions on there, you might want to try it, then the other members reply. Who knows??? But it seems nice for those "little" questions we have between appts!
http://www.terrificpets.com
Thank you so much Coco's Mom! you did all that google searching fir us??? We feel special! Thanks! :o)
Paisley's spay was done in April, she was just short 6 mos. I ended up locking her in her pen too, she would try as mite to get up and come up, but to trembly for me. Picked her up at 5 pm, still shaky at bedtime 10 pm. Next day she had some grogginess but no trembling. We had puggy mom worry......comes with the territory.
Small dogs react different to anethesia. Rosie actually was groggy, but pretty good by bedtime, although we had her stay in her crate that night. Our vet uses a milder form of anethesia, that may be the difference. How is she today??????
Oh you are so welcome! Yes I did it for you guys, I was kinda worried (you know how I am about surgery!) so I thought I shoudl do some research before giving my lame opinion! :-) How is Belle doing today?? I hope she's better, even if its just a little more active, that will be great! moving in the right direction :)
Gizmo and Kritter say get well soon!!!!
Post a Comment