Kinda a long night here....caught up on laundry, chores and it is raining out so I though it was a good night to make a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie...*My Favorite!* I got a lot done today. I worked for an hour.... got my nails filled...bunch of house work. Came home to find my daughter already home....strange feeling. I was like a deer caught in the headlights when I saw her laying with the Puggies on the sofa. While I was at the nail salon The school nurse tried calling my cell phone but I left it in the car to charge. I didn't think I needed it in the nail salon. ( But I guess I did) so she called her Dad at work to come pick her up due to her having a fever, cough....she had a low grade fever throughout the weekend but seemed better this morning. so off to the Doctor tomorrow morning. I hate to even think of this but there was an outbreak of Whooping Cough ago. we spent a day there last week for an appointment she had and they had most everyone wear surgical masks as a precaution. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not.....so anyways I made this yummy pie................this is something my Mother makes for me for my Birthday. I don't like cake so she makes me a Birthday Strawberry and Rhubarb Pie!

Fresh Strawberries and Rhubarb................
Meet Betty Crocker....... Take notice of magnet on my Hood range behind me.....Yup that is a large Pug Magnet my daughter bought for me.
Finished Product................ Anyway Like I said I don't know if this is what she has but she has all the symptoms. here is the Report we have on it so far. My friend who is an O.R. nurse at the Hospital said the count has risen up to 170 reported cases....I will let you know what I find out tomorrow........
Outbreak of whooping cough centered in Hanover-Lebanon area
May 4, 2006
CONCORD, N.H. --State health officials are warning the public about an outbreak of whooping cough that so far has sickened 62 people in New Hampshire and Vermont.
Doctor Jose Montero, state epidemiologist for New Hampshire, said the outbreak is centered in the Hanover-Lebanon area and that most of the cases are workers at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Whooping cough, also called pertussis, is a contagious bacterial infection that causes persistent loud coughing. It can be serious, especially in the very young. Vaccines are available and it is treatable with antibiotics.
Montero said the outbreak could spread and has asked medical workers to be on the lookout for patients with the disease.
Whooping CoughFree Whooping Cough info from the experts at The Biotech Dictionary!www.TheBiotechDictionary.com


6 comments:
OH my goodness......that pie looks DELICIOUS!!! Actually, those strawberries alone look pretty good too! They look so ripe. I am crossing my fingers your daughter doesn't have whooping cough. It could be just a little 24 hr. bug. With a mom like you around, she'll be fine! Good luck tomorrow, stay calm Momma!! And by the way.......I love the Pug magnet and it's nice to meet the Cook! Again.........great pic of you! Anywho....tell your daughter I'm thinking about her and hoping she feels better! Is it your youngest or oldest? (or did I miss that in the post like a nut??!)
I sure hope she get better without getting worse first. It's miserable to be sick in the spring or anytime. At least she's got the girls to keep her company. That pie does look good. I've never had rhubarb. I might have to try that if I can ever find it on a menu somewhere. I think I'm in love with your kitchen!
Pug Crazy.... thanks for the warm wishes for my Daughter. She loves Chicken soup too!
Coco's mom. Such nice compliments. Thank you so much.It is my oldest daughter who is sick.....I should have posted that.:o)
Sandy, Rhubarb is Very bitter. I know some people who eat it raw..ewweee! I don't like raw rhubarb. I only like cooked rhubarb with sugar.I only eat it if it is In Pie or Jam. I can send you the recipe if you wish for the pie.....
Hope your daughter feels better soon! I am sure Willow and Belle will be good nurses.
The pie looks great- we had a patch of rhubard growing up and I will eat it raw and just dip it in a bowl of sugar. Yummy- whubabrd jam is delicious too.
Cheers:)
Hope your daughter does NOT have Whopping Cough. Doesn't your state require that as part of immunization process? Anyhow, Strawberries...yummy, Rhubarb...eek. I still have a patch of rhubarb from my gram's original garden out back. Anyone want it? I can't even give it away!!!!
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Post a Comment