Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Kitchen for Sandy.........

Willow welcomes Sandy to our Kitchen..............
Sandy www.raguspug.blogspot.com has a liking to my kitchen so this is a special post for you Sandy a up close view and mini tour through my tiny kitchen. My youngest daughter went out in the field and picked these Dandelions for me...bless her heart only if she knew that they were really weeds....every year I get about 12 dz. bouquets from her. at least she is not bringing home Golden Rod!anyway about my kitchen..I am not much of a fancy cook although I do like to experiment with new recipes. Our old house we only had one tiny counter and 7 cabinets way to small so when we built this house I wanted a lot of cabinet space and lots of cabinets...we even have a walk in pantry with 10 rows of shelving so all the food is in the pantry and my cabinets have all the dinner wear, glassed and pots and pans.........I have to buy more stuff most of my cabinets are bare. But the pantry is packed with food and crock pots, mixers, yadda yadda yadda...............I think it turned out okay seeing how we planned it on a blue print so it was hard to vision during the process. I think the best part of m kitchen is my skylight.....we also have a skylight in the kids bathroom. anyway here you go Sandy.


Update on Whooping cough............well...PunchBugPug, http://pugpossessed.blogspot.com/ I hope you can whip me up a HAZMAT SUIT! yes let the antibiotics begin! We went first thing to the doctor ( He look just like Lance Armstrong) My oldest daughter has been exposed to the Whooping cough a couple Weeks ago sure enough she contracted it. so she is on the mends of recovery, The doctor had me pull my youngest out of school today because of her being exposed to her sister. so he prescribed her antibiotics too....I called my husband to let him know want was going on. He asked what the symptoms so I told him...he said well I better call my Doctor then because I have the beginning stages of it. So now tomorrow I have an appoitment with my Doctor the funny thing is we all have Different Doctors I have mine in another town about 30 minutes away, My Husbands is in another town also 20 minutes away and both my daughters Doctor in in Vermont 45 minutes away so we have a lot of traveling going on. I guess the immunizations wears off because they both have been vaccinated with whooping cough...........Then again I know of a few people who have had the chicken pox vaccination and still got chicken pox..............

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is beautiful !
I love your contry modern style. The green reminds me of a forest green. Very nicely decorated!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I hope you dont come down with it now!!!! I will be thinking about you all.........................

Sandy said...

Oh, Thank you so much for that tour of your kitchen. It is lovely. I love the skylight and the I love the stove and all the cabinets!! I really love the view out your window, too. The flowers look so sunny in that yellow vase. A beautiful kitchen is a dream of mine. Maybe one day it will happen over here. The wine bottles on your counter with stoppers in them, how long does the wine stay okay before you have to drink it all or throw it out?

I hope you all get well. Sounds like you all are going to be together for a few days trying to get over that cough.

Anonymous said...

Ragus..........from the homes in your area from the pics you posted, even the home just across the street from you......It looks like you have a wonderful house too!!

We have a skylight in our bathroom too Lisa! But it's a circle, and not as big as yours. When people come over, they will use the bathroom and say I couldnt get your LIGHT to turn off! HAHA for them.......its the SUN :-) Its a circle so it looks like a light.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Coco
is your skylight called a Solartube? We looked into one for the bath room because I was kinds weary about having a regular skylight in the bathroom...but I went for it like people are on my roof top everyday...lol

Sandy,
Yes I love my view too. I see Deer, Turkey and on a daily basis we have a flock of Canadian Geese fly over our house. we have a pond nearby and also the resevor is just over the hill you see in my kitchen windo so they stop there for a break.
as for the wine....Hummm usually it doesn't last long because I finish it with in a week usually I have one glass a night.
Oh and the ~yelloe vase~ is actually a plastic kids cup...lol my daughter took this out of their cup cabinet. she told me she picked it because it matched the dandilions.
From what I have seen of your kitchen it loks nice to me. I like everything I see about your home from the court yard to the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what it is called, but the guy assured us you can't look in from the outside. Funny we had that same thought! But we should think that way since it is a bathroom! It is kind of tinted in a way, so I know no one can loook in. Not that anyone would be on the roof?? LOL!

Sandy said...

Lisa and Coco, thanks for the compliments about my home. I don't mean to sound like it's not nice...it's just we had built our first house custom on the golf course and it was so nice. After a few years we wanted to get off the golf course (not allow to have a fence) and get closer to the bridge that takes you to downtown P'cola. So we sold the house and had decided to buy something right away so we bought this house, which is nice just much older. We've done a lot of work on it because it was somewhat run-down in places. But my big thing when we bought the house was that I wanted the kitchen remodeled soon. I specifically told the husband I wanted it done in a couple of years not ten years down the road...we're on our sixth year and still no remodel and he doesn't care. Anyway...yadda, yadda, yadda... I should take pictures of my kitchen for you all to see....especially the stove. Well, that'll be an upcoming post. Sorry this is so long, Lisa.

Anonymous said...

Geez, I can see why you moved. Not having a fence would be hard with your pugs! I'd love to see your kitchen! I love your fence (saw it in your video last weekend). around your house now, the black swirly one. And I love your surroundings!! The ocean....... :-) Peaceful! Do you ever take the Puggies for walks near the beach at night? We do that with Coco ((night walks) but not near the beach....we dont have one near us, its about an hour away.

Anonymous said...

I hope everybody feels better soon.

I had whooping cough really bad when I was in kindergarden - I had to miss like a month of school :(

Punchbugpug said...

So, now your telling me that we can all get whooping cough..yuck! Hope the girls and hubby are feeling great soon! Doubly hope that you don't get it! "Mom down" does not work well! I love the green kitchen too! My den is painted that green and I love it. I'd love to paint my bedroom that color too...so peaceful!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»