
Thought I would share a United States Landmark with you today.....This is the longest Covered Bridge that is not too far from our town. I pass this and drive through it at least twice a week. I always see tourists stopping and taking photos and I never gave it a thought seeing how it is something I have seen all my life. so I had my camera with me and no one was there today so I stopped to snap a couple pictures to share with you...... Above left.... is a picture of the inside.............you can see in the photo I took below the water is high due to all the rain we are having there is a lot of flooding here in NH. So far we are flood free but others unfortantly aren't as lucky
Click on photo to enlarge to read...............
I got these pictures off the internet.......... the photo above on the right is the State Of NewHampshire and the left side of the bridge is Vermont. the Connecticut River devides the 2 states...........
The bridge from the New Hampshire side....... this is an amazing Bridge. I love going over it at night. We have a fabouous restraunt *The Windsor Station *we like to go to and we have to take this bridge over to it.... you can also look here at more photos

5 comments:
WOW!
That is a LOOOONG bridge! It is so amazing how cheap that was to build back then. Makes me really think how much times have changed you know!
I don't know if you would catch me on that bridge.......I have this phobia of bridges! Crazy as it sounds. You know, in the middle of it and it jsut breaks. UGGG I hate that thought!
And for DH....I felt awful for Lynette. She just sat in the car and I know its just a show and all, but you could see the pain in her face. I felt so bad for her. They better cover them good next week!!!! I cant wait!
Thank you for showing us that bridge. I love to see what friends are seeing in their areas. That bridge is amazing. It looks SO OLD. If I came upon it, I would be scared to drive across it because it just looks so old. What is the bottom made of..like the the part you drive on. Is it cement asphalt? In one of the pictures, I see a house or some kind of building. What is that? I bet that is beautiful covered in snow. I also like when you link to the restaurants because I like to see those menus. Do you all have much lobster on the menu up there?
Willow, Belle and family--
We were thinking of you guys yesterday, because we saw on the news that New Hampshire and many parts of the Northeast are flooding. Hope you guys are okay. I wish you could send us some rain--we really need it!
Very cool! Covered bridges are so beautiful.
My home province of New Brunswick has the longest covered bridge in the world! http://www.town.hartland.nb.ca/html/bridge.htm
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»
Post a Comment