Thursday, August 17, 2006

Allergies Stink..........and ITCH!

Willow went to the vet today to have her skin checked again.....and her eye...her eye is okay it is just part of her sore wrinkles...as for her skin...They ended up shaving her. her skin is so bad. so bad she has a staph infection. They gave her a shot of some sort of Prednisone ( she has reactions to prednisone and it makes her pee all the time sometimes she doesn't even know she is peeing .sometimes while she walks around the house..she will just pee and walk...) so they gave her some sort of shot to ease the itching and she is on an antibiotic for the staph infection and more allergy medication and wrinkle ointment for her sore wrinkles....Holy Moly..Willow has her own pharmacy here at our house. Pills 2 times a day for both Allergy and Antibiotic so this is 4 pills a day..and I have to apply her ointment to her wrinkles 2 times a day...then I have to bathe her in her special medicated shampoo....she is a full timer....I may have to be a stay at home Pug Momma......as for you who don't know..Willow has a sever allergy to PROTINE it is almost impossible to keep her from consuming it...she is on a PROTEIN FREE prescription dog food but she still seems to find a way to get into something not good for her. Willow's backend.............looks sore..............






See her spotted skin...you can really see how bad her skin is now that her fur is shaved.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Poor willow! What are the allergies from? Food or something else? Will this medicine "cure" her or will she go through cycles of this?

Sandy said...

Oh, poor girl. I know it's a lot of work and money to get her better. Thanks goodness there's something they can do for her. I know you'll feel better, too, once the itching stops.

Jo Jo said...

Poor willow, what a rough time you're all having. I hope this all clears up sooner then later and she feels better. She has a great family to support her though. She's in good hands :)

Leah said...

Poor Willow....you look so sad! We love you very much and are thinking of you. Hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Willow!

Pug Hugs from Sadie!

Punchbugpug said...

Poor Willow! Good thing she's got you to keep track of all this...and pay for it too!

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

Kritter says Willow is still a really good looking puggie! I know this has go to help her get well!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...poor baby! I feel so bad for her...that is great though that she is being treated and she'll be better in no time! She is starting "fresh" as her new coat grows in! She's a white-y under all that fur, isn't she!!! Like Coco! ;-) Give her extra love and belly rubs from me .........

Dave said...

Willow-- send positive anti-itch thoughts your way sweetie!
Get Well Soon
Pyrite

My Pugs Blogger said...

Get well soon darling! Meimei and Miko wish that they could come over and cheer you up!