Saturday, August 19, 2006

Miles......

Big Miles....Lil' Belle! there is only a 90 pound weight difference between the two!
They look pretty funny side by side....Miles is so good with them he must know that he is alot bigger than them and he is so gentle when he plays with them....

Miles is enjoying his play time with his sisters. He has been staying with my husbands Uncle who lives across the street. It has been hard us being at the Lake all summer and there is a Leash Law there and to be honest Miles has never been on a leash,( only to go to the vet) and there is a 2 dog limit per site. so He has been with our neighbor ( Brads Uncle) pretty much since May off and on...They really enjoy Miles and treat him and has always treated him as their own...as we spent more and more time at the Lake we knew it was not fair to Miles to be left at home or bounced back and forth to Brads Uncle's house to ours..so after a long tearful decision we thought it was best if Miles lived with them. I never wrote anything about this decision because I was still not sure if it was the right thing to do and I didn't want to look like one of those pet owners who just give their Pets away. We have had Miles for 5 years we brought him home when he was 6 weeks old...he went to work everyday with my husband..went on road calls in the service truck....from day one. The more we thought about it.....Miles is still able to go on all the road calls..go to work with Brad everyday...Why??? because brads uncle works for the family business as well....so of course he will be bringing Miles to work everyday just like Brad did.....so this still allows Brad and Miles to still have their road call trips together. and spend time at work together. also he is just across the street so we can see him anytime we want...he still comes over for a visit..(and lots of treats) My daughters go across the street to visit with him too....so it is not like we will never see him again...we are just a few steps away.

Miles is with us for the night because Brads Uncle is out of town and we decided to take a break from the lake for the weekend....so Miles gets to come back for a sleepover..just like the old times...only if the girls payed as much attentions to him when he was living with us as they are today...they are arguing over who's room Miles gets to sleep in...They are all over him showering him with attention...................we sure do love him....and certainly we Miss him but we know he is in a Fabulous home with all kids of love and attention. so Please don't think of me as someone who just gives their pets away...I just want whats right for him. and he now has 2 homes.....He is a Good Boy, And we will Enjoy his company tonight.

6 comments:

My Pugs Blogger said...

Lisa - you are doing the very best for Miles! Who knows what may happen and the fact that he is with family and so close to you all... he probably thinks that this is the best life ever!

Don't you worry - we would never think bad thoughts about you and the best decisions for your family. We know you are a very good person and we respect the decisions that you make for your pets.

(HUGS)

Sandy said...

Lisa, I would never think of you as someone who just gives the pet away. I think it's great that he is just across the street...that's the best of both worlds. And I think it would be hard on Miles and you if he had to stay locked up on weekends while y'all were at the lake. Sounds like he is living it up across the street and is getting extra attention from the girls when he comes over for a visit. I love it! I love it that he gets to go out on calls with Brad. That is so special..he has a job!

I told my sister one time that if I had ever had a "human baby" we could share it. I take daytime and she could have nighttime!!!

Anonymous said...

After what you have said about how he had to stay alone on the weekends, I was thinking about him when you all were at the lake, so this is the very best for Miles. I know it must have been a tough decision, but that is so wonderful he is just across the street! I would never think of you as a pet parent that just gets rid of her pets. Things like this come up and you all stepped up to the plate and made the right choice for him. AND...He's just across the street for Visits! Cyber Hugs sent your way............. ;o)

Jo Jo said...

oh lisa, how could u even begin to think anyone would think of you as a parent who gives their fur babies away, IMPOSSIBLE. it worked out amazing that brads uncle
A)lives across the street
B)works with brad
C)offered to take/share/help out with miles
Honestly, it seems like the best thing for miles and the family, he's got it good, and probably livin' it up :) things work out when their meant to be, and this was just meant to be.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Thanks everyone....! he does have the best of both worlds....he's a spoiled Pup!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, it sounds like everything has really worked out best for all. Miles is such a handsome boy. Im glad he'll be able to come visit yall often. The uncaring people are the ones that drop their dogs off at the pound.