I have been offered a job....nothing big just part time 15-20 hours a week. I have been on the fence deciding if i should or Not. It will take away some of my weekends but not every weekend so I still will be available to be with my family. The bad thing is that Brad just started to have Saturdays off so he could be at the lake with us all weekend but the lake is coming to an end in October...so this means we will be home. and Brad will be with the girls IF I decide to take this job. So we will miss out on Saturdays to do anything as a family... The woman who offered me the job said she would need me to start in October. ( again we will be closing up camp then) so I am thinking Hummmm this may just work for me! Do you notice I have not mentioned what I will be doing for a job?? lol I am going to keep you in suspense for a little longer..... I talked with my Mother In Law about this job and she said that I can adjust my work schedule that I have with Their family Business if i need to or cut back on hours or whatever works for me. The Funeral home I work for is random..I only go when he needs me..it is not an everyday job...sometimes weeks go by with out me going there at all.....So if I did need to go to the funeral home I can go pretty much anytime he gives me a few days notice before a funeral and it usually only takes me less than an hour to work on them ( for those of you who don't know I work at a funeral home doing the hair and make-up on the deceased) ..No it doesn't freak me out and yes I love doing it! I would do it full time if I could! anyway back to my job offer.........she wants to start training me.....she will start me out at $10 and hour.....it is just under 5 miles away from my house.....and it involves PUGS! you ready! ..............
..........
........
.....
...
..
.
It is a Kennel that boards dogs, Daycare, Grooming and the best part is......She is PUG Breeder and they are SHOW PUGS...3 of them are Champion Pugs! I went to visit her today and she introduced me to her 7 pugs ages 6 months-14years old. I was in HEAVEN!! They put an addition on her home for the pugs it is a BEAUTIFUL room all for the pugs Play structures, beds with their names.....with an open door that allows then to run in their fenced in yard. I was smothered with 6 pug! all over me giving me kisses and snorts and Pug Spray....the old timer with is 14 didn't care that I was there he slept in his cozy bed made of wrought iron and wicker....pampered ! so I will be around pugs day in and day out.....I will also be taking care of the Dogs at the kennel for boarding...such as food& water, Cleaning their area...go for walks....and be at the desk answering the phone, schedule appointments Welcoming the dogs and owners as they come in........This Job is a peice of cake...brainless! I just love animals..PUGS and I know I would love it. a nice change. but am i ready to work weekends? this is what I am on the fence about...I have to be there at 7am-12pm then I get to skip home then go back for 2pm-6pm like I said it is not going to be every weekend...but I will have to work the first week of October and the 3rd week all week...........I just don't want to over do it. I don't want to get worn out doing to much...so a lot to think about. I will let you know what I decide.
Hooray for Dollywood!
4 months ago

8 comments:
It's never easy making decisions, is it? At least if you do it, it won't be every weekend, like you said, and since you don't work full time during the week, you will still have time to get your other stuff done. You can always try it out and see how you like it! Can you take your puggies there too????
Wow - I'm totally jealous that you would be working with Pugs all day! I just offered a new job - but it's a law firm. Not as exciting. I know what you mean about over doing it though... tough decision. Let us know!
You lucky duck!!! Sounds like a wonderful place to be with all the pugs. Since you don't have to start until October...I say go for it and then you will know by next camp season if it's something you want to keep doing. Seven pugs!!! I would love it, too.
Sounds right up your ally, not every day a job offer like that comes to the table...If someone were offering me $10 an hour to work with dogs all day, heck i wouldn't have to think twice, i'd be there lickity split :) I say go for it, what have you got to loose? That's the way to look at it, what are the real, detrimental downfalls of taking this job? Good luck, i know from recent experience, DECISIONS ARE SO NOT FUN :)
Wow! That would be like ME around MALTEPOOS. Holy smokes I'd be in heaven! That is a touch decision though. Darn if it didn't involve PUGS it would be a lot easier! UGG Decisions...Decision...Decisions....I know, I know...My opinion isn't too big in this, but If it was ME...I'd do it!!! I know you will make the best decision though, so I am excited to hear What you decide! (Congrats on being offered for it by the way!!!!!!!)
I don't think that could legally be called a job for me...in fact I think I might pay them!
How awesome. I'm so thrilled for you.
I understand how people are freaked out by funeral homes and dead bodies (said respectfully). They just don't understand.
My aunt works for a funeral home and loves it. She also has great stories.
What a GREAT job offer. I would TOTALLY take a job at a nice doggie kennel. I had the chance once, but it was WAY on the other side of town. Working at a fancy dog place would be my dream job. I say take it. Especially since it doesnt start until October. But I totally understand the weekend time issue.
Post a Comment