The Hallway in the living room...............With a farm ladder I use to hang meaning full items on....
Such as this photo of me 32 years ago! I was one year old in this photo........
The ladder also hold these pictures of my grandparents....( see the penny in the frame with my grandmother?? I found this penny under my Bed Pillow one morning and I believe my Grandmother placed it there during the night from Heaven...it is dated 1919 the year she was born....I placed this penny in with her photo........
Another view of the hall..................
My Living room.....small but cozy...I love the country feel....My husband made the vintage porch over our TV wall unit for my birthday last year....
The front entrance is in the living room...............
This is what you seen when you first enter our home..............sorry it is so dark...
Well here it is...not much..I live in a small home which is what we wanted. we built this home last spring/ summer we just moved in a year ago last month...still alot has to be done and a basement to finish into living areas...... I hope you enjoyed you tiny tour of my living area! Come back nest week for another view of another room.....

10 comments:
Wow, Lisa, I had never seen the area was the ladder is hung. What a great idea. And the penny from your grandma during the night is really something! A 1919 penny is not something that just appears for no reason.
Lisa! Your house is gorgeous. I love the country look you have created. It is VERY cozy and very welcoming. Those are great pictures of your Grandparents - and how amazing about the Penny! I love stories like that. What a special picture. I love the ladder idea. Is that black cabinet looking piece in your living room a fireplace? I saw that at Home Depot here & I think that is the exact one! Very neat. It looked VERY REAL like real fire. Is that the same one??
Sandy..Brad knows I love things like this...he found this latter at an old bran and he knew I would find a use for it...so wallaaaa...I now have a latter picture display in my hall.......
Coco...aka Leah... yes it is....one of these days I want a real one but I want it in our family room downstairs when it is finished.....The one you see in the pictures is a electric heater with a flame that flickers...it used to crackle like the wood is burning but it stopped working....I got this at a Home improvement store here in town..but it is very similar to the one you saw at Home Depot....
Thank you for complimenting my home..it is small but it is what we wanted..I am not into the cleaning a house with 15+ rooms...lol so I will keep my little 4 bedroom ranch....
as for my grandmother/penny...I am a true believer in this stuff....now really? how often does a penny from 1919 show up under your pillow? I know she came to check on us!
I really love this parade of homes. I love your home. It does not seem small in the photos. Unless you really really love housework (I do not)less is more.
How neat! It was on when I saw it, and I saw the little "Flames" flickering. Looked very real.
That really is amazing. A penny wouldn't end up under your pillow too easy......and let alone, one from 1919, her birth year! That is special, Lisa.
LOVE the ladder! I love it when people use normal items in unconventional ways. Clever! Your home is adorable and I bet it makes people feel comfortable right away! Love the "porch" too! THanks for playing!
Happy birthday little sister. I'm so not allergic to you. Maybe 30 years ago but not now.
And hey, we just got a new dining room set- it's just like yours but totally natural/clear stain. Wierd!
Lisa.....I just found this site....You are going to LOVE it. It is all vintage/country. They have signs and candles....I was googling and this came up....They have berry branches that look like mine (but no lights).
Here is the link~
http://www.paulascountrycreations.com/home1.html
What a cool house!
Julie
What a beautiful room and I love the ladder:)
Post a Comment